Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Lightning Palace Year in Review: 2018

2018 was a huge year I feel for myself in running Lightning Palace. So many various things happened that I felt has helped evolve my writing and the blog in general. For starters, I launched a new podcast titled CosplayBytes. Serving as a companion piece to the blog and featuring guests every episode. Topics ranging from controversial ones like Patreon, to being even more detailed convention reports as cosplayers and I look back at certain conventions we attended for that month. In August, I gave the Palace a makeover with its own logo, and implementing a label system to help organize my posts. I also hope that this new label system is helpful to you guys in finding past posts should you have a desire to read stuff you missed out on!

Last month also marked the first full year since I launched my Free Patreon which several of you have graciously decided to pledge to. Not to mention me giving out rewards is SUPER FREAKING RAD! I'm hoping more people will maybe feel inclined to pledge if my writing and podcast is something they want to help fund. Again, it's ABSOLUTELY NOT required but it's kind heartwarming when new pledges do happen ya know?

I want to take this post and highlight the number of post types I've created, total number of posts, and compile the top 5 posts for this year based on view count and only using posts from this year. Towards the end, I'll lay out the things I want to do for next year! So let the stats flow in!

Total Views gathered in 2018: 48, 909

Total Number of Posts Published in 2018:
131


Post Breakdown:

Convention Reports: 3

Exclusive Coverage: 3

Features: 38 (Including Photography Spotlights)

Figure Reviews: 6

Game Reviews: 3

Interviews: 4

Milestone: 1 (Celebrated 5 years)

Opinions: 1

Product Reviews: 3

Showcases: 28

Slice of Life: 1

Small Business Shoutouts: 8

STRUCK FIRST: 32

Why She's my Favorite: 3


5 Most Popular Posts in 2018:

Photo by David Love Photography


Photo by Ash-Snap Photography





Photo by PhotosNXS


Photo by David Love Photography


In 2019, I want to keep the momentum going for you guys. I want to collaborate with more well known cosplayers, team up with creators in doing exclusive content for you guys in the vein of the Ebon Blade project, have double episodes for each month on my podcast as well. I also really want to branch out and use my Graphic Design skills to create logos/branding for cosplayers that are looking to take the hobby to the next level! As always, getting a press pass for my blog to attend a convention would be a dream for me and that's a huge accomplishment I'd like to have under my belt. Maybe with 5 years of experience that'll happen? Only time will tell! Thank you everyone who has supported me, my blog and podcast, those who have pledged to my Patreon, and sharing my work. I know this is already a pretty lengthy post but I love sharing this kind of stuff with you guys.

Here's to making 2019 a kick ass year for cosplay! I can't wait to see what everyone has in store :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?