Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: League of Larcy as Gym Leader Misty!

Photo by Vander the Generalist

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

My wonderful friend Larcy has once again provided me with a cosplay to talk about and we've teamed up in providing a writeup in addition to her thoughts on what went into this cosplay! Debuted over the summer last year, Larcy created the outfit that Misty has been known to wear when you face her as a Gym Leader. Forgive me as I think this was specific to a generation set of Pokemon games. As if that wasn't enough, Larcy also cosplayed this alongside Mink the Satyr with her incredible Seaking gijinka also made last year. Focusing on Misty though, Larcy looks absolutely adorable and the cosplay itself looks relatively simple though some elements required extra work.

This outfit of Misty consists of a one piece bikini that's fully white with a pastel orange shade for a trim along the upper areas of the swim-wear. In the middle of this at the top, there's a blue brooch in a crystal like shape. That orange color is repeated several times in other parts of the cosplay. For instance, Larcy is wearing long orange gloves that have that smooth satin look to them. The trim at the top of the bikini I should also mention, has a frilly look to it!

Photo by Vander the Generalist
Larcy's wig for Misty is something else you guys. Styled up like it's wrapped several times with a ponytail coming down on one of her sides. She also has a flower/shell wreath within the wig too! Going along the waist of the bikini, there's a semi skirt attached with coverage on the sides and back. What's cool about this is the gradient styled coloring that can be seen towards the edges of these parts. I'm now gonna let Larcy take control for a little bit with some of her thoughts on making Misty!

This is probably one of the simplest cosplays I have ever done. I made it specifically for pulling Mink the Satyr around in her mermaid Seaking. We debuted this setup first at ComiCONN at Foxwoods. It was so much fun, they mistook us for showgirls at every turn.
This cosplay is very simple: it is a simple leotard with a tail made out of an old curtain that I fabric painted. I gave it some shape by putting heavy fishing line around the tail edges to give it some volume. My shell crown is a mishmash of Dollar Store shells that I hand painted. It is pretty heavy and I can't look down without losing it. I  am that super cheap cosplayer. The lace trim is also something I hand painted and hand sewed. My center gem is resin cast. 


All in all this is one of my cosplays that just about no one knows about. I find it funny that people didn't recognize me at all! But I also take glee in that fact too, because I love to masquerade in cosplay.

Photo by Vander the Generalist

The photos do a fabulous job of showing the whole cosplay off. The tail portion at the side and back of the cosplay gets some flair in some of the poses like the one above. Larcy also has some comfy shoes that are definitely of a style Misty would wear. Parading around with Mink as Seaking must have been so much fun and I hope you all enjoy the other photos Larcy sent me!

Photo by Vander the Generalist

Photo by Vander the Generalist

Photo by Vander the Generalist

Photo by Vander the Generalist

Photo by VanSnug Photo

Larcy is a very dear friend to me and I implore you guys to check out her cosplay work. Some are amazing, some are cute and some are just hilarious! PLUS she recently opened up commissions for adorable hats <3
https://www.facebook.com/leagueoflarcy/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?