Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Element Cosplay's Makoto!



When Persona 5 released, it shocked the gaming world a whole lot with its likable cast of characters, stunning visuals, gripping story, and unforgettable music. For some like myself, it was the very first entry into the Persona franchise. For others like Element Cosplay, it means so much more. Especially when it comes to relating to one of the main playable characters. Enter Makoto Nijima for Val. The impact she left on Element was so huge, that she's now determined to cosplay the character a bunch in her numerous outfits. What I got today is Element rocking her casual/school uniform for Shujin Academy. The outfit consists of a long sleeved white shirt with suspenders that travel down to a plaid skirt.


The plaid skirt is done in black with many red/white stripes. Other than that, it's pretty much black leg stockings. As I mentioned at the start, Element did more than one outfit. The other is the Maid uniform which served as a free DLC costume pack for the playable characters. Centered around Maids/Butlers, Makoto's version is pretty standard when it comes to these uniforms.

White and red make up the whole color scheme with both colors sharing an equal amount of space. White for the sleeves, chest area and the apron along the lower area. Red is used to almost outline the rest of the cosplay all the way down to the bottom with frills in white. Both cosplays feature Makoto's signature hair braid along the top. Val does an incredible job posing and even has props such as the calling card and Persona 5's artbook (serving as a textbook I imagine). The makeup is also phenomenal too! I really hope you all enjoy the other shots I picked out :D.







I highly recommend Element Cosplay's FB page if you want to see more amazing cosplays this sweetie has made. Always love seeing her being passionate about the various franchises she loves!
https://www.facebook.com/velementcosplay/

What's Popular?