Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Stella Chuu as K/DA Ahri!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

The K/DA hype is continuing on my blog as I try my best to find cosplay content for you guys to fill out. Mainly since the convention season is slowly ramping up! The ever so lovely Stella Chuu constructed up the K/DA form of Ahri and part of me thinks the giant tail coming out of her back was one reason for doing so. As discussed previously in other posts, K/DA is a K-Pop centered music video centered around popular female champions from League of Legends. Most players and even outsiders like myself are aware that Ahri mainly is rocking multiple tails instead of the solo one tail she has for this outfit. First glance, you can see that the color scheme is very pop oriented with its shiny black, white, gold strips and that purple hint in the bra and choker.

Photo by David Ngo
So why not start breaking down the cosplay shall we? Starting from the top, Stella has a beautifully long blonde wig which slightly travels down her back. Ears make an appearance with a blonde-ish color. Most likely clipped into the wig or through some other attachment method. The white top has that style with the shoulder straps being very loose or wrapped around her forearms. The trim along the top edges is in gold and I honestly love how I can see the sew markings done on the top. The cups are bedazzled with some thin lines of beads. The top area where the chest opens up is lined with some light purple.

That color is also matched via the choker Stella has going around her neck. Immediately following this white top, is the rest of the cosplay done in a black vinyl skirt. Some gold designs can be seen traveling along her hips and these look like they were done in a much sturdier material. Quickly want to mention that Stella has bracelets which are both the same color and possibly material as the hip pieces. Finishing off the cosplay are these really gorgeous and kinda sexy looking boots that have some transparent parts to it up by the top.

Photo by David Ngo

The tail arguably is the standout portion to this cosplay. From what I could gather online, Stella has both patterns available on her Patreon as well as her Etsy store. It was also stated that the tail was done mainly out of pepakura. PLUS, it can be folded up neatly for easy storage in luggage when traveling :O. The tail has this incredible transluscent/crystal vibe to it and the colors are just so vibrant and enjoyable to look at. Stella just never ceases to amaze me with what she can create. In addition to these default K/DA photos, I also got some "Christmas" versions of the cosplay that Stella did mainly for her Patreon. The main difference is that the purple trim and black skirt are swapped with a full on red shade. There's also red vinyl boots added in. These shots actually give off a look to the black heels that Stella has for this cosplay. These shoes also have a gorgeous gold trim along the bottom. Check out the other photos! :D

Photo by Dany Lofgren

Photo by Dany Lofgren Photo


Photo by Dany Lofgren Photo
Stella Chuu is definitely a cosplayer that's a must have on your follow list if you have any interest in cosplay. She has such precise accuracy when it comes to creating characters and has a joy in wanting to share stuff with other cosplayers that wish to tackle the same characters. Her Patreon link down below is one you should look into following <3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?