Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Rolyat's Triss!

Photo by Claudia

The Witcher series has always been a fantastical one for gamers and fantasy fans alike. The extremely expansive world, dynamic story and action packed gameplay has been praised to wide acclaim. So of course cosplayers have jumped on the gorgeous outfits seen in it. I've featured some Witcher cosplays before but this Triss by Rolyat was one I wanted to show for you all today. Rolyat (otherwise known as Taylor) was someone I found through my usual scrolling on Instagram with cosplayers being precious and shouting each other's work out. I think it was this cosplay or a bikini one I saw and was all "NEW PERSON MUST SHARE" so I went looking! Triss' outfit is definitely suited for the cold weather as Taylor is covered from head to toe in clothing. The main piece is the light brown shirt which looks to have been done out of leather. The stitching pattern and other designs such as the darker brown strap can be seen on this piece.

Photo by Martin Wong
Along the ends of this shirt is a trim done in that same darker brown shade I mentioned up above. There's also a small peek at a white shirt that's underneath this brown shirt. Acting as a crop jacket of sorts, Taylor is also rocking blue sleeves that have a cool looking pattern on the sleeves. Literally looks like a white/blue rope was used as the material with some beads added in at the intersections. Also, the trim for this part of the cosplay has a small triangle pattern that repeats all around.

Taylor has some super long gloves equipped that start at her elbows all the way down to her palms. These are also done in a leather like material and are a deep crimson red shade. Lots of buttons/circles decorate it from the elbow to the palms as well. These same buttons can be seen on the sides of the main brown piece. Several belts can be seen wrapped around Taylor, such as a small blue one and a brown one that's on her waist area. It's also here where you get a glimpse at accessories like a pouch on her belt along with a book inside of it. There's also pics of Taylor holding it.

There's some glimpses as far as the pants area so apologies if I'm wrong but it looks as if she's wearing a pair of clean cut jeans. The photos though are absolutely beautiful and the outdoor setting is just perfect for the character of Triss. Check out the other shots I grabbed!

Photo by Claudia

Photo by Claudia

I'm happy to follow Taylor's work and I even got another cosplay of hers planned to share for you all in the near future! She's just so adorable and I would absolutely recommend you check her work out. Most links can be found at her Patreon below!
https://www.patreon.com/rolyatistaylor
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?