Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Interview: Jenna Lynn Meowri!

Photo by MH Photography

Of course I got excited when booty queen and overall sweetheart Jenna Lynn Meowri agreed to let me interview her! Having just discovered her work months ago, I find myself fan-girling over her daily. Jenna's base of operations lie in Virginia and she has talent that doesn't go unnoticed. Nor should it! It was her Sharpedo gijinka that drew me in which led to finding other characters she's done such as Princess Midna, Witch Mercy, MeMeMe!, and even the uh....Lusty Argonian Maid from the Elder Scrolls series. Jenna loves gaming but more-so calls her home to anime and comic books, so while most of the characters I mentioned are gaming based, Jenna wouldn't stray from doing a character she loved in the latter 2 geek areas. 

Jenna just braced the onslaught of SDCC a few weeks back and wore her Black Cat on one of the days there. Of course she wore it well and the end result shots that were taken are gorgeous! Other tidbits about Jenna include how her page name came to be, cosplay origins, upcoming plans and in general thoughts about the cosplay community in its current state. I also ask several questions regarding cosplays of hers that really caught my eye, Sharpedo being an easy example.


Photo by JwaiDesign Photography
The bulk of this interview I'd have to say is found in the various cosplay related questions regarding her outfits. You'll also find pics that show off Jenna's favorite body part among other incredible shots :3. Towards the end, she even goes into naming specific cons that are her favorite which match each of her interests! Enjoy the remainder of this post guys!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
What got you into cosplay and how long have you been doing it?
I got into cosplay by attending conventions with friends! I admired how some con-goers made costumes of their favorite characters and had the confidence to wear them out. Eventually I decided to join in after casually attending conventions for a few years. I’ve been doing it regularly for I want to say the past 2 and ½ years?

Which was the first cosplay you ever created?
Ysera from WoW. Safe to say it did not turn out well.

Thinking back to the last convention you were at, did you enjoy it?
SDCC was amazing and definitely enjoyed myself even while being sick! It definitely has a different vibe to it unlike the atmosphere you’d find at an anime convention or smaller comic convention.

What cosplay(s) did you bring to this convention?
Black Cat!


What is your favorite cosplay you’ve made so far?
Probably my Lusty Argonian Maid or Tali’zorah.


What got you into being a geek?
When I was growing up gaming, comic-books, and anime were my outlets. They provided worlds away from my current one where I could lose myself in an adventure or in the storytelling.

Photo by MVM Photography
Do you have any other members of your family who are into what you enjoy? Or are you at present the only “geek” in the family?
My siblings mainly! Though my mother appreciates what I do and finds some of it amusing.

Many of your cosplays stem from video games! Is that your favorite media to cosplay from?
I wouldn’t say favorite. It’s just costumes I’ve gotten around to before others. Because I love me some anime, manga, and comic-books.

After seeing your Sharpedo gijinka from this past ColossalCon I was immediately hooked onto your work as well as massively generating a crush on you. What made you choose that Pokémon to create? Were there any favorite parts to it while it was being made?
Sharpedo is one of my favorite 3rd generation Pokémon! I almost always had a Sharpedo in my party when Playing Sapphire and Emerald. I really enjoyed making, dying, and stuffing the back fin! Though getting the other smaller details incorporated like the embroidery on the back and sleeves was enjoyable as well.

Your Princess Midna from Twilight Princess was a very beautiful cosplay of yours as well! The photos from a previous Katsucon were incredible and overall it was very on point for the character. I imagine you’re a huge fan of that Zelda entry? What about Midna attracted you to her?
I am a fan of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess! I love how sassy Midna is! Though I feel like a lot of people didn’t see past her sassiness to see that she genuinely cared for Link’s wellbeing. Just her design in general I feel is highly original and appealing.

Photo by Sean's Photography

Another cosplay of yours that’s absolutely insane is your Tali’Zorah from Mass Effect! What made you pick that character out of the others from the trilogy? What was it like creating that?
Because Tali’Zorah was my waifu throughout Mass Effect! When she was finally available as a romance option I was ecstatic.
It was a lot of work, highly time consuming, and expensive. I, however, don’t regret any of it and am highly pleased with how her build turned out.

CAN I ALSO SAY HOW RAD YOUR GENGAR IS CAUSE WOMAN YOU TALENTED <3. How did you come up with that gijinka design?
I collabed with Gladzy Kei Art & Cosplay to get the design in my head visualized!

What do you think about cosplay as it is now hitting the mainstream?
I think cosplay is a rad thing. It’s helped to increase my social skills as well as elevate my crafting knowledge. The friends I’ve made through cosplay are also irreplaceable. I think it’s important to take things with a grain of salt. While, yes, cosplay is getting more mainstream it shouldn’t change things for you negatively unless you allow it to. At the end of the day, we are all adults dressing up. So don’t take yourself too seriously, try your best, and most importantly have fun.
Photo by JwaiDesign Photography

Do you have any upcoming cosplays for this year that you’re able to share?
I’m planning to remake Ysera for Blizzcon this year as well as Bayonetta for Anime Weekend Atlanta!

Do you imagine cosplaying being a part of your life within the next 5 years and do you hope to evolve your skill set?
I do! If I’m not improving I’m not going to be satisfied with myself as a person. So yes! Constantly evolving to higher things my dude!


What’s a day in the life of Jenna Lynn Meowri? How did Meowri get added in?
Classes, gym, errands, gaming, etc.
Meowri is a play-off of my actual last name!

Any upcoming game releases you’re looking forward to?
The new Wolf Among Us. My god I can’t wait for it.

Do you have a favorite convention?
Anime wise? Probably Anime Expo.
Gaming? PAX EAST.
Comics? SDCC.

I probably already know the answer to this but, favorite body part?
Booty, obviously.



Photo by MVM Photography

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's pretty much a goal of mine to meet Jenna somehow next year at a convention. She's just the sweetest person to me online and I eagerly wait for her upcoming cosplay builds! Please check her work out at the links below. Not to mention Jenna is a fantastic fitness role model :D As always, thanks for reading guys!
https://twitter.com/JennaLynnMeowri
https://www.instagram.com/jennalynnmeowri/

What's Popular?