Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Kaybear Cosplay's Demon Hunter!

Photo by Neeko Cosplay Photography
You best believe I started getting excited when Kaybear Cosplay was working on an intense cosplay for this past BlizzCon. Her choice ended up being the classic base Demon Hunter from the Diablo franchise. Specifically, it looks like the iteration from Diablo 3. The outfit as a whole consists of a myriad of armor pieces on top of plain black pants and sleeves. There's also a corset which covers up majority of her torso. Black and gray with some hints of brown make up the color scheme. The armor itself was done with Worbla (both types I believe and the detailing on certain parts is top notch. Specifically, Kay has pieces covering her waist, legs and arms. In addition to the medium sized shoulder pads and breastplate that's positioned just above the corset. On her arms, small brown leather like bands can be seen wrapped around too.


Photo by Martin Wong
There's also the classic hood which is mainly black with a silver/gray trim along the edge. Kay also looks to be wearing white mesh contacts to give off that ghostly stare. As a demon hunter, Kaybear is well equipped with not one, but two crossbows! These are of the small variety and were beautifully crafted using wood (from what it looks like) and small bits of Worbla for the gray/black bits. The top of each crossbow is adorned with three arrow shaped tips which I imagine gives the weapon a stabbing ability as well should she find herself up close and personal with a demon.

The armor pieces have that layered look to them. Specifically in the shoulder pieces and breastplate. I absolutely love the curved feature in the former part. Kay did an incredible job with shaping them, I just hope it wasn't too cumbersome wear at the con. The brown corset is seen with golden buckles decorating the middle. Kay looks to be wearing heels for footwear and straps wrapped around them to hold the armor in. The edges of some armor have crazy small detailing in them. Kay really outdid herself this time overall and the photos I picked out really show how badass she looks. Other final notes include pouches strapped to her waist and how the back/sides of her leg armor are colored in a light shade of brown. Enjoy guys!


Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography
Photo by JwaiDesign
Photo by SD Digital Imagery
Photo by SD Digital Imagery
I'm still sad that I wasn't able to see Kaybear at NYCC this year but I've got high hopes next year we'll see each other. Please check out her FB Page if you haven't yet. She's got some incredible talent and I just love seeing her evolve her skill-set! PLUS SHE'S A CUTIE <3
https://www.facebook.com/kaybearcosplay

What's Popular?