Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Katyuska Moonfox IS Tifa. I'M SERIOUS!

To temporarily fill in the gap of no cosplayer interviews to post, I thought for a short time I would include for you guys an extra cosplay feature for the week. Again note that this will be for a short time (as in this week and next). Afterwards if no new interviews are received (I have 4 I'm expecting) I will shoot for making Fridays a Single Game Shoutout post as well. That being said, enjoy guys!


Recently there appears to be a rise in cosplayers hailing from Australia. All of these cosplayers are ridiculously beautiful and really capture the look of the character. The only one I'm currently following is Katyuska Moonfox. Initially the cosplay that attracted me to her was Tifa Lockheart from Final Fantasy 7. I'll be honest, Tifa was my first video game girl crush so to speak just cause she was just soo beautiful! Katyuksa however is literally the real life version! Just take a look at this picture below.


The outfit itself is fairly simple with a black mini skirt with suspenders attached to it and running up the body. The white tank top shows off her bust very well and the wig is gorgeous! For her arms and hands Katyuska is wearing black sleeves it looks like with elbow armor pads and red leather-ish gloves. All these clothing pieces definitely make Tifa originally almost like a sex symbol in the game industry (Lara Croft has that title taken, least back in the day) if not but a bombshell character who is also very independent and strong willed. She beats people up with her fists!

The setting for these shots is perfect for the character and like I mentioned before Katyuska definitely has the body and form for Tifa. The poses she does capture the nature and spirit of Tifa and I absolutely love them. There is an awesome action shot within the other pictures. I hope you guys enjoy them!







All Photos by John Pryke!

Here's a link to Katyuska's FB page if you want to follow more of her work! She makes awesome cosplays and I'm looking forward to new ones such as Scarlett from Killer is Dead! I would definitely love to interview her sometime for the blog. Fingers crossed ^^.

Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/KatyuskaMoonFox

What's Popular?