Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Anya Braddock Cosplay's Savage Land Rogue!


The posts for this week are focused on some incredibly lovely ladies that I roomed with at Katsucon last month! Kicking it off with the intoxicating Anya Braddock Cosplay as Savage Land Rogue from X-Men! Anya was an incredible person to meet, I can't thank her enough for making me feel loved and included! Asking how each day of my con went and all that. Going through her photos, I was immediately entranced by her Rogue (yeaaaa it was the booty oops, DON'T GET MAD). Based on the description for some of the photos, it looks like the Savage Land version was debuted at ColossalCon last year. Pretty fitting character for the bikini convention considering on how the outfit itself is designed. Matching up with Rogue's color scheme, this variant is all yellow and green, even the staff is coordinated! The top part is tattered up with a green piece then over-layed with yellow. This part has the X-Men symbol placed on the left side.

Her bottom area is complete with a yellow bikni piece covered up by green fabric that's set up to act like a drape. There's also feathers attached to her waist sides to most likely help hold it up. A thin yellow strap can be seen attached to one of her legs and a green bandanna is done up around Anya's head. The staff prop is all yellow in color, with fabric pieces wrapped around it in various spots. Up near the top you can see feathers similar to what's holding up her green drapes. Getting back to the wig, it's got that Rogue style of deep brown all around except the middle where it's tinted straight white.

Photographer PhotosNXS did a phenomenal job with these shots and it certainly helped in having a beautiful scenery. I feel ColossalCon in some ways is similar to Katsucon, with their sceneries being a key selling point. The lush green trees and rocks make for a perfect device for Savage Land Rogue to go traversing through. Not to mention the sunlight hits just right (where's that Pacha meme when ya need it) on both Anya and the background. Booty shots are aplenty so enjoy the photos you guys <3.





All shots by PhotosNXS!

Meeting Anya was one of many highlights for Katsucon and you can damn be sure I'll be sharing more of her work in the near future. PLUS an Interview will be coming soon, either before or after this Showcase post! If you guys wanna support Anya Braddock Cosplay, check out these links :D
https://www.facebook.com/CrumpetsCosplay/
https://www.patreon.com/ANYABRADDOCK

What's Popular?