Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: OfficialGothBarbie's Steampunk Mercy!


Every so often, I find a cosplayer that I just instantly click with and fawn over like crazy. Today I have one such gorgeous gal and that's OfficialGothBarbie. Proclaiming herself as a big tiddy goth gf, she has some really amazing cosplays. I just had to choose one of her Overwatch outfits since she clearly has a passion for the franchise. Even going as far as being a Blizzard endorsed cosplayer for her Ashe! Rather than focusing on the newest hero, I wanted to go to Mercy. This skin is more on a Steampunk edge and isn't really in the game after checking. However, it is a popular design done up by several artists and I've no doubt Barbie had to take one of them and recreate it. A black Victorian style dress makes up most of cosplay with a clear opening down the middle up front. Mostly it covers her backside.

The black dress also has white frills in that old timey fashion that you probably recognize from elsewhere. Up top though Barbie has a white dress top with a gratuitous opening in her chest. Directly after that is a black corset that's very common for female steampunk designs as a whole. Said corset has an opening for the white top to rest on with straps going around her shoulders. The sleeves have the puffed up look and are followed by leather gloves in a mixture of black and brown straps.

The corset is covered with various buckles and studs. There's also a blue buckle of sorts on the side. Barbie has a lot of Mercy's signature props going on in this outfit. The staff for instance has a blue glow at the top but mainly has a simple design and a gold/bronze color scheme. The top of the staff is three pronged all folded down. Attached on her back are the famous wings that Mercy has in pretty much all of her skins. These look a little more simpler and mechanical. Fitting for the steampunk look!

Photo by Ryan Berry
 These wings have that bronze color with the main wing blades being silver/metal grey. I'm curious if it was bothersome for Barbie to have it attached on her back like that. There's also the blonde wig which is styled just perfectly. On top of that, she also has a pair of goggles with blue lenses and a bronze base. A small choker can be seen around her neck too. Lastly, Barbie is rocking stocking and garters underneath with long brown boots for footwear. She definitely has all the curves for Mercy and looks stellar in the pics. One can't help but fall in love with her just from looking at them *swoons*. Check out the other pics I found!





All other Shots by RobPho!

I adore OfficialGothBarbie a bunch already and really am looking forward to what she has next planned! She just recently started up a Patreon so please go check her out over there! Also yes I'm definitely working with her in setting a cosplayer interview so stay tuned <3
https://www.patreon.com/user/overview?u=16323072
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?