Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Why She's my Favorite: Karlibra


What is it like to meet someone through a love of a common franchise? What's it like to then have that friendship blossom into something deep and special? Easily that's how I'd describe Karlibra's friendship. Her genderbend Riku instantly got my attention and then I proceeded to go nuts over her as person. As time went on we'd message each other about cosplay, sharing progress with each other, and other things. Course I don't really have the conversations in my inbox anymore but I definitely remember the stuff we talked about helped form what our friendship is now. Karli is without a doubt one of the hardest working girls I know and is so passionate about cosplay that she'd totally be fine living/breathing it for the rest of her life. Her niches/fandoms perfectly embody the kind of person Karli is.


The stuff we've talked about with each other range from relationships to even dealing with anxiety and depression on some occasions. Karli has saved me from things that were destroying me internally before plus she's one of the strongest supporters I know for my own work. So you can imagine how I felt when Katsucon came around and I was finally able to meet her. Karli was definitely a big reason as to why I wanted to go since I was unsure if I'd have a chance to see her at all. Her rocking both the MeMeMe and Camilla was such a treat. It really means a lot that Karli values my opinion and that I really want the best for her since that's all she deserves. With her coming out, I was immensely proud of her and seeing how happy she's been since honestly makes me happy as well.

I relate to Karli on so many levels/aspects and I think she can see that. I hate seeing her get so sad (as I do with anyone I care deeply about) so I thought it was high time to write this post for her. We don't have the kinds of conversations we used to but I am 100% positive she still has my back much like I have hers. I love seeing her level up her cosplay skills, fangirling over what she's passionate about etc. It's certainly a treat <3. Here's more pics of us from Katsucon this year!



*cries cause she's so cute and sweet*

I'm hoping I properly gave you all a look as to why Karli is such a special individual to me. I don't know what else I could say but I hope if anything, this brings a smile to her face since omg it's so cute <3. Karli, know I'm immensely proud with everything you've accomplished and continue to do. You're one of the best gals I know and I don't know if I can imagine my life without someone like you :D. Check out the links below to her Instagram and Patreon if you wanna follow/support her work!
https://www.instagram.com/karlibra/
https://www.patreon.com/Karlibra

What's Popular?