Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Cat.thulu as Raven!



Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

As I've stated numerous times before, cosplay has given me the opportunity to form friendships with so many individuals. Whether they cosplay or not, each person gives me something new to be happy about. Case and point for today I've got my friend Cat.thulu over on Instagram! Her white version of Raven is what I wanted to focus on. You should obviously see the DC Comic bias here as one reason why I went with this outfit :). Apologies also in advance if this STRUCK FIRST seems a little shorter than the usual ones you've seen before. Getting to the actual cosplay, Cat's Raven is as I've mentioned, in her iconic White suit seen in various storylines across the Teen Titans' life as a team in comics.


The cosplay consists of a single one piece leotard with added white sleeves traveling all the way up to her hands. There's also tall white boots and Raven's cape also! If you're curious about there being a hood then worry not, cause that's seen in some of the shots I picked out for you! Aside from the completely white costume, there's also the added gem pieces around Cat's neck and waist. These were each hand-crafted by her of course! The deep red and yellow colors allow these pieces to stand out easily against white. Combined with the full black background, Cat stands out like one bright light!

There's also her gorgeous purple wig which has to be one of my favorite parts of the cosplay. Can't also forget the small gemstone placed on her forehead right? After the photos were taken, they were manipulated as such to really capture Raven's character. So you see the psychic energy coming out of her hands in one shot, then of course the iconic levitating pose that most fans would know from the old cartoon. Not only that, but the cosplay looks to be comfy as all hell so it's an easy wear to conventions! Check out the other shot below!


All Photos by Sweet Mem Photos!

Cat.thulu is such a sweetheart and she deserves many more followers to geek out with her on many things like comics and Overwatch! Check out her Instagram down below :D
https://www.instagram.com/the.cat.thulu/

What's Popular?