Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kinpatsu Cosplay's Star Guardian Ahri!



Kinpatsu Cosplay is just one of those cosplayers who puts a ton of effort into the characters she wants to dress up as. Today I've got her recently finished creation of Ahri from League of Legends rocking the Star Guardian skin. That skin line in particular is a call back to the concept of magical girls such as Sailor Moon which made their debut in Japan. For Ahri, Kinpatsu is absolutely bursting with color all around. The sleeves and legs are both white with a gold trim for the edges. The former part goes up just past her elbows and stops right at her hands. The leggings however include small platform shoes and a lone star for each one. Here, the star is mainly bright red/pink with a gold trim line. The main event for this cosplay is of course the school girl like outfit.

Here, you have the center piece being another star similar to what's found on her shoes. Purple fabric extends from each end of it acting like a bow. The white section looks to have some corset like properties given how Kinpatsu's figure looks in the end result shots. The white area is split down the middle with pink and gold trim all around the edges. Getting down to the skirt is all pink and gold. Slightly visible underneath are white frills. Getting back quickly to the white section, that piece as a whole is interconnected and goes up to her neck. There you can see a small gold star holding it in place. Plus a purple choker is wrapped around her neck.

The wig is just an explosion of bright pastel colors. The gold headband can be seen at the top with stars on the side. The ears look to be connected either on the wig or headband. I'm mostly gonna side with the first option given how professional Kinpatsu is. These ears are also the same color/shade as the wig. Given all the photos I have a full frontal, you can't see how the multiple tails are attached. Then again that'd ruin the magic fun wouldn't it? These were done by artist asian.crackhead and totally resemble cotton candy to me :D. Kinpatsu did a fantastic job in editing the photos and I've been starry eyed at viewing them. Seriously guys, she's such a talented cosplayer <3.




All Photos by Kinpatsu Cosplay

PLEASE check out Kinpatsu's work over on her FB Page! Have you seen her Alexstraza done by Zach Fischer? FREAKING INSANE :D. I also included a link to her Photo Album detailing Star Guardian Ahri's process just in case I missed something!
https://www.facebook.com/KinpatsuCosplay/
https://www.facebook.com/pg/KinpatsuCosplay/photos/?tab=album&album_id=900950510060898

What's Popular?