Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Product Review: Nightwing Hoodie by Mink the Satyr!


While writing my last Review on Lisa's kigu, I thought about one other high end nerd themed piece of clothing I commissioned. Having not given a proper a Review, I thought I should commit to doing Product Reviews to stuff like this from now on. With that being said, I asked my marvelous friend to at first sketch up a hoodie based around Nightwing. Basically it just included his main logo and oh man was I not disappointed with the end result. With all these hoodies and warm pieces of clothing I've ordered, my winters will be MUCH warmer for years to come. I can't recall what size I specified but at first, the hoodie felt larger than I anticipated on me. Mink even snapped me pics of the progress she was making to keep me excited!

The hoodie itself arrived late June of this year. Because I'm writing this much later, I unfortunately can't remember the full specifics of its packaging. Uhhhh a box was involved, that much I'm certain XD. The hoodie is made with a heavy fleece like material and goes just about to my hands in arm length. Not peeking over them one bit. The hoodie is majorly wide in its size, somewhat similar to how Lisa's Jolteon hoodie was. Nightwing's signature emblem is plastered on the front and back. My arms are lined with the blue much like how the character's are in costume.

The insides of the hood and up near the arms are lined with blue. The bottom trim of the hoodie is also lined with blue as well. The stitching can be visible on the inside but I find it to be very cool. I couldn't be happier than I was with the end result as I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Mink has arguably been one of the best friends I've made since cosplaying and the hoodie came to me at a time where I needed some serious cheering up, which of course happened.

Below you'll find a link to Mink's cosplay page on FB. You can message her about potential commission work, which she is currently open for! Thank you Mink from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done. Lots of love your way girl :) <3
https://www.facebook.com/minkthesatyr/

What's Popular?