Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Kadu=Out + Jihatsu as Cloud and Sephiroth!

Photo by David Ngo

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I'm easily pleased by Final Fantasy cosplays so when Kadu=Out was teaming up with his friend and fellow cosplayer Jihatsu for an interesting take on one of the most iconic gaming pairs, I was intrigued as all hell. Specifically, Cloud and Sephiroth were drawn by a friend of Kadu and the cosplays you see above look intense as all hell. One of the defining features of these iterations has to be the hair styles. Curled up in some areas, along with resembling the original hair designs (even Cloud's crazy spikes), both of them did an excellent job in recreating what the artist envisioned. The cosplays themselves were debuted officially at Anime Expo last month and garnered quite a bit of popularity. Not to mention the photos I found of these are stellar as all hell! Why not get started on talking about them down below?


Photo by Photographes Sans Frontieres
Starting with Kadu=Out's Cloud, the outfit resembles his default SOLDIER garb that he wears for pretty much the entirety of the game. There's some slight deviations here and there such as the fur lining on some of the armor and belt buckle, and the paw print on the latter piece. The shoulder piece looks absolutely insane and the bolts coming out of it are colored up very nicely. The weathering details too are pretty rad. Straps come down each side connecting to giant pouches that are part of the belt. The pouches themselves are decorated with an X on the front.

Bandanna like pieces are seen extending down off of them. The infamous Buster Sword looks straight out of the game and Kadu did an amazing job in constructing it. The light silver/gray shade that covers the blade shines in some of the pictures I have picked out for you guys. Black boots round out the bottom with long pants and a turtleneck top. For Sephiroth, Jihatsu's wig looks just as crazy as Cloud's. The added goat-tee is a pretty badass decision from the artist. This cosplay consists of a long black coat with an opening in the chest. Held together by straps in an X pattern. The 2 shoulder pieces have a lion sculpted in with tiny dreads coming off of them at the bottom.

White lining can be seen traveling throughout the coat with some bands on Jihatsu's wrists. The wig includes black wraps on the dreads included in it. Regarding Sephiroth's Masamune, I doubt it's as long as it is in the game but it's long enough in order to have been bought into the con I bet XD. Plus, the photos of it in action off camera can easily give off that illusion. The duo shots and solo shots bring so much of these characters to life. I am superbly impressed by the skill these guys have and this made me excited for what they have planned next! Enjoy the pictures guys :).

Photo by David Ngo

Photo by Lo Res Photography

Photo by MH Photography

Photo by MH Photography

Photo by Photographes Sans Frontieres

Photo by The Steel Shark

I highly recommend you guys check out Kadu=Out and Jihatsu if these cosplays made you even more interested in their work. If not well, maybe you'll find some other cosplay they did to your liking! 
Kadu=Out:
Jihatsu:

What's Popular?