Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Product Review: Flash Athletic Hoodie by Hero Within!


I first learned of Hero Within from several cosplay friends sharing their stellar clothing line. It wasn't until Ani-Mia shared a discount code that I took the plunge and ordered their Flash Athletic Hoodie last year. Hero Within is an indie clothing company specializing in high quality nerd wear from blazers, to jeans and leather jackets. All of their products are centered around DC Comic characters which lead them to be officially licensed products for the publisher. So I went and ordered the hoodie since out of all the products, that intrigued me the most. Being a fan of the Flash and big on exercising, it seemed like an easy pick for me. I ordered it at around this time frame last year (or possibly earlier) and was eager to receive it! This was also a fairly new product so they were doing a first run for it!

The picture on the right was how the hoodie was advertised on their website. Bad news unfortunately came right when my order was shipped. Thankfully the CEO of the company was incredible in explaining the situation and offered me numerous options to make sure I was satisfied. What had happened was a shipment came in and he made sure to inspect each and every item. This was to ensure they lived up to his standards of quality. The Flash Hoodie didn't live up to them so the product scrapped. Wouldn't you know it though, mine along with 19 others were already shipped before they could be pulled XD.

When I originally got the first version I could tell what he meant by inferior. The main red color was MUCH lighter than what was advertised. According to the email, the product was also going to use better material. Out of all the options he gave me, I went with waiting for a newer version of the product. Fast forward to now and after a lengthy back and forth, the Flash Hoodie 2.0 arrived at my doorstep. Holy smokes the difference is notable! The material is much thicker and the red is darker in shade.

Old (Left) vs. New (Right)

The Flash Hoodie is mainly red all over with a bright yellow trim for the zipper, hood and the Flash's emblem on the back. Here the emblem is done in a dotted line fashion. There's also a pocket up on the chest which looks to be an easy space for things like an iPod. The inside of the hoodie is full of red with yellow trim lines. It zips up pretty high up my neckline so I imagine I won't always have it fully zipped up. Taking it for a test run, the jacket is nice and comfy and allows easy movement. There's also slits on the arm cuffs for your thumbs. I was overall immensely happy with both this version and the incredible Customer Service that Hero Within provided me in this unfortunate mishap. 


If you're a fan of DC Comics at all, I highly recommend you check out Hero Within for all your fashion needs. Wonder Woman shirts, Superman/Batman blazers, even an Aquaman Windbreaker! Check out their main site and FB page links below!

What's Popular?