Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Product Review: Chocobo Kigurumi by Rarity's Boutique!



You can check out the last Review I did on Rarity's Hoodie here!

See at first, I was planning on grabbing another Eeveelution Hoodie from my friend Lisa Lou Who over from her shop Rarity's Boutique. Then Final Fantasy XV started to roll around and she quickly jumped in on the hype train once the game was released. Prior to that, was when she rolled out new Kigurumi's in the form of FF staples like Moogles, Cactuars and of course the Chocobo. Out of these options, the last one intrigued me the most since that also was done in various colors. I can't tell you how excited I was when I finally placed an order for one. My initial order was a full size kigu in a light blue color. Lisa's Kigurumi's come in 2 distinct sizes. There's the full one I mentioned which pretty much covers everything, then what's known as the "bloomer" style. That version you can see at the top image, basically the kigu ends just about near the kneecaps.

It arrived last Wednesday in typical Rarity fashion. That means wrapped up like a present with a cute flimsy bow to top it all off. Unfolding it was when I started laughing pretty hard, the full size version was ordered but I CLEARLY underestimated that description. I can easily slip into the kigu with 1-2 buttons undone. By the way, brown was the second color used for the cuffs down at the feet and buttons. You'll also notice that the color isn't light blue. Lisa had messaged me close to the ship date with another option to go darker since she had the color in her inventory.

Naturally, I went that route since I enjoy dark blue more than the light blue advertised on her site. I also wasn't expecting the hood part to have extra fabric packed inside which made it feel like a pillow was resting on top of my head. I imagine if it wasn't there, the hood would cover my eyes XD. The top of the hood is decorated with wide blue eyes and the Chocobo's distinct orange beak. The arms at the ends have an opening to encase your hands like a mitten. This gives off the look that you have feathers for hands. The size also has the fabric have extra area to it pretty much everywhere. With Fall arriving and the weather getting colder, I couldn't have received it at a perfect time <3. If you're looking to order one yourself I would recommend it wholeheartedly!

Below is a link to Rarity's Facebook Page. You can find her store link there but at the moment she's currently not taking any commissions! Thank you so much Lisa for doing a stellar job as always on my kigurumi! Love you bunches :D
https://www.facebook.com/RaritysBoutique/

What's Popular?