Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Natalie Fuinha's Marceline!


Last week I showed off Natalie as one of the doggos of Team Borf Borf! Check that out here!

At the recommendation of League of Larcy, I decided to look up Natalie Fuinha's work after she looked so dang cute in the Rockruff dress group. Turns out she's got quite the bubbly collection of characters in her cosplay closet. One of which is Marceline the Vampire Queen from the cult show Adventure Time. I haven't watched the show in ages so I'm most definitely out of the loop when it comes to the plot and dozens of characters introduced. Marceline however is one of the earliest ones introduced and I'm more familiar with her. Natalie here has taken up her default look of denim pants, grey tank top and a buttoned down plaid shirt. She's also rocking comfy brown boots that I imagine are mostly worn during the fall season.

I don't know if Natalie really went and covered her exposed skin with a faint grey shade of body spray or if it was an added effect. Either way it helps her in really becoming the vampire. There's also the giant guitar/axe prop that looks like something straight out of Guitar Hero. Colored in 2 shades of red, the added chip effects on the blade parts look super awesome too! I'd be willing to bet that the prop is mostly done with a wood base. The strings are tied on and the black frets are drawn on the handle.

The prop also looks to be fairly light in size so Natalie can wield it like a legit weapon. The scenery just screams a cool fall morning/afternoon in the city area. The tree in the background just fits so well here and I love it a bunch :D. Overall the photos came out fantastic and Natalie looks like she had tons of fun in the shoot. Be sure to check out the other shots :D



All shots by K. Brophy Studios!

Please check out Natalie's FB page if you have a chance. She puts so much effort into her outfits and definitely looks like she has a blast with each outfit she wears :D
https://www.facebook.com/NatalieFuinhaCosplay/

What's Popular?