Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Product Review: Evolution Electric Hoodie by Rarity's Boutique!


I did a feature on Rarity's hoodies way back when this blog was starting out! You can check out that write up here!

You've most likely seen me mention them here from time to time with how much I've wanted one. Run by cosplayer Lisa Lou Who, Rarity's Boutique is an independent small business on Etsy. The specialty? Creating custom made hoodies based off of designs she's done. Some of these include designs from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Ninja Turtles, Harry Potter, and various other franchises. For Christmas this year, I was able to finally purchase one as a gift. The design I went with was the Evolution Yellow hoodie. By looking at the picture above, you should be able to tell that it's heavily based entirely around Jolteon! This was the one design that I've had picked out forever should the time come for me to order one. All I'll say is that I couldn't be happier with what I received <3. The hoodie was ordered right when Lisa opened her shop for December to take commissions. Due to the friendship/relationship I've formed with her over the last few years, I felt incredibly lucky that she got mine done right away and shipped to me!

While the hoodie was set to show up Christmas Eve, the holidays delayed it to show up on the 27th. It was a slight bummer but then again, I had a gut feeling something like that would happen. It arrived on my doorstep in the afternoon as a plain brown package. Upon opening it, I pretty much had the biggest smile on my face. Totally like a Christmas present, Lisa included the hoodie wrapped up in plastic with festive string tied together. Before I got to the hoodie though I was treated to some extra thoughtful gifts. A thank you note from Lisa was included as well as a white t-shirt with the business name on it. On the shirt was also what looks like to be a Flying Bison in a hoodie.

Let it be known, that Lisa really really likes The Last Airbender, like seriously :D. The hoodie itself was made out of fleece material but it was much softer than I expected! Since it was designed around Jolteon's look, yellow is the base color here. Stitching lines can be seen in a lightning like pattern up on the hood and along the back side. His signature white collar is seen right below the hood and is high up near the neck portion. The awesome part has to be the ears that are up on the hood. Perfectly designed  to match Jolteon, it was one of the things I was most excited to see. Size wise, I ordered a Small and it was pretty snug! The inside is covered in yellow with black inside the hood.

I love that the hood doesn't snug around my head and it gives me lots of room to lean up against it. Seriously I love this hoodie so damn much! I took some other pictures for you guys to get a look at. Enjoy!




I 100% recommend getting a hoodie from Lisa's shop if you ever have the funds for it. While they can be pricey, understand that she's one of the main people who makes them and also opens up slots for every month. This design in particular was about 170 including shipping. Some are a bit more expensive but that's only because the design is more detailed! I can't thank Lisa enough for making this for me. Definitely will treasure it for a long time <3. If you'd like to learn more about Rarity's Boutique, check out her Facebook Page!

What's Popular?