Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Why She's my Favorite: Lisa Lou Who


Just go read through any one of my many cosplay features on Lisa Lou Who and you should have a pretty good idea that I am a huge fan of her work. Through interacting with her on her various pages online and meeting her, I've gotten to know her a little bit more. Let me tell you, she's absolutely the sweetest girl on the face of the planet. In addition, she has the most wide assortment of talent and abilities which is easily seen in her extensive cosplay portfolio. One of my personal favorite things about Lisa is how creative she can get. Majority of her cosplays are personal redesigns of classic characters geared towards a certain theme. For example there's her Ballerina versions of Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy! Then there's her Pool Party Officer Vi, gijinka of Nala from The Lion King and a slew of other cosplays.

Lisa has personally told me in person and online how much she enjoys my write ups and how I'm a full on positive part of the cosplay community. You can imagine how happy I must have felt when she said that to me. Lisa's one of my biggest inspirations in creating my own cosplays as well whether its trying to recreate a character or designing one on my own such as my Steampunk Nightwing! I definitely didn't want to forget in mentioning HOW GORGEOUS she is in person. Lisa has in my opinion one of the best figures in cosplay and I'm saying this with all the respect in the world. Of course there's no doubt she looks super attractive but the way she wears each of her cosplays is of so much confidence!

Lisa is always experimenting with her new outfits in pushing her creativity. One way is that she attempted her first ever crossplay with her Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist! All I'll say is the finished cosplay looks incredibly spot on! Then of course Lisa went and made one version of Mad Moxxi and that also was pretty much perfect! DANGIT LISA, YOU SO TALENTED! She's always so happy to see me even if we've only met twice in person. Spending time with her and her awesome boyfriend was lots of fun at PAX East this year!

I'm hoping sometime later this year I'll get to do another interview with her as sort of like a catch up to see what she's been up to lately. Lisa was one of the very first interviews I did on my blog and I always enjoy doing write ups on her cosplays since I go full on gush mode for every single one. To Lisa, thank you so much for all the kindness you've shown me in my time being involved in the cosplay community. You inspire me constantly every single day and I hope I can make you proud of me with the cosplay I'm working on this year. Miss you lots <3.

Here's some pictures of Lisa along with another one of us from PAX East!

Photo by Shadowstone Photography
Photo by Rob Dickson
Photo by Photosnxs
Photo by Erik Blume Photography
Photo by David Ngo 

What's Popular?