Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Microkitty Cosplay's Aqua!

Photo by Dave Yang Photography
I had only discovered MicroKitty Cosplay in the weeks leading up to PAX East this year. Of course this was the cosplay that did it for me, not to mention that she's a big Kingdom Hearts fan which made me go WOO! Here, she is cosplaying as Aqua, one of the main keyblade warriors in the PSP game Birth By Sleep. This was also her first attempt at making an iconic keyblade prop. I love how MicroKitty looks in the cosplay in general. The cosplay consists of Aqua's very sleek looking top which has pink straps coming up and over her chest. Underneath is the blue top with the black corset like piece covering the bottom area of the same top! I absolutely love her wrist guards as they are so spot on. They look to be created with the same material used for the keyblade!

Photo by FirstPerson Shooter
Speaking of which, Emylee (her actual name) did an AMAZING job on her keyblade. It's just really unfortunate that it had mishaps and ended up breaking during the day she wore it to PAX! The light blue wig is perfect in both the shade and shape! Long white sleeves that almost cover her hands are also seen here. In the dead middle of the pink straps is a pendant in the shape of the Heartless Symbol. The picture on the left also shows her holding the star charm that Aqua made for herself, Terra and Ventus! The leggings/boots are also on point with the way the armor pieces are placed.

The poses have Emylee giving a bright smile as well as a soft composure which is exactly how Aqua is in the game. Very intelligent and caring of her friends. I would have loved to see her in person and actually get to meet her! Next time for sure and I'll try to wear my own Riku cosplay SO WE CAN TAKE AMAZING PICTURES :). I'm a sucker for Kingdom Hearts cosplays so this overall wins my heart over. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the pictures!

Photo by Dave L.
Photo by Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art
Photo by Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art

Please go checkout Microkitty's Page if you haven't yet! She has some other incredible outfits and definitely experiments with new and hilarious ideas :)
https://www.facebook.com/Microkittycosplay

What's Popular?