Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Hanne Therese's Satsuki!


Hopefully you all remember Hanne Therese from my Fan Interview I did with her last year right? If it was evident there, Hanne is super in love with the anime Kill la Kill. To be more specific, she has a love for one of the main characters Satsuki Kyrurin. In the anime, Satsuki serves as the President of the harsh academy that Ryuko attends in order to figure out the mystery of her father's death and reclaiming the other half of her Scissor Bade. Hanne wanted to cosplay as her so much which led her to find the outfit pre-made and have it for convention use as well as photoshoots! The outfit consists of Satsuki's main garb and high boots. Both of these parts are coordinated together by the white/blue color scheme. The shoulders are decorated with golden marching band like covers with strings coming down from them. There's also the gold accents near her waist area.

Of course on Satsuki's outfit is the design in the upper area which hints at the true nature of it being a Kamui named Junketsu. What I love about this cosplay are the photoshoot pictures that Hanne finally got to have taken recently. She shows off her love of the character by striking the exact similar poses Satsuki does in the anime. Seriously every time I see the pose on the left I picture her saying "YOU ARE ALL PIGS IN HUMAN CLOTHING!" Yup that's an actual line in the show. Hanne stands tall and incredibly confident which are traits that practically define Satsuki's character.

There are also the poses that make Satsuki innocent and Hanne just has the cutest face EVER! The wig she's wearing is a perfect match and of course it wouldn't be complete without Satsuki's signature sword. Whether or not that's the actual sword as a prop or just a regular toy sword is unknown to me. The forest setting really clashes with the white outfit in an amazing way. This allows Hanne to stand out and be all powerful looking :). I really hope you guys love these pictures, they came out amazing!





All photos by Miriam Halvorsen and utekinohana!

If you didn't know, Hanne has a cosplay page which you can like on Facebook! I also have a link to her Instagram page she runs which is dedicated to cosplay in its purest form! It features any and all cosplay that captures her eye :D

What's Popular?