Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Why She's my Favorite: Katyuska Moonfox

Photo by What a Big Camera
It's no secret that I've got a big infatuation with Australian cosplayers this year. So it shouldn't be a surprise when I say that Katyuska Moonfox has become one of my all time favorite cosplayers as well. We have interacted initially here and there on her FB page but things really didn't start to kick up until last year when I saw that she started following my Twitter activities. Along with her telling me out of the blue one day that she loves my cosplays as well as the support I give her and many other girls. That moment is pretty much embedded into my brain as an awesome memory <3. As to how I found Katyuska, that's pretty much thanks to her Tifa Lockheart cosplay she did a few years back.

What makes her so inspiring to me is how much hard work she puts into her outfits. Not to mention the fact that she manages to look exactly like the character with her figure as well. Quickly going to say, Katyuska is beautiful beyond belief :). She has such a sweet personality even if she is into very crazy things. Some of which are hilarious, I challenge you guys to visit her Tumblr site. That should give you a pretty good idea of what she's into. Katyuska is also a very talented writer and runs her own little blog on this platform. Her most recent one being so powerful since it connected with me in so many ways!

Photo by What a Big Camera
I always found myself in complete shock of all the photos she posts. Both shots of her in a full outfit, and the cute 3 picture shot of outfits she's currently working on. A few weeks ago she gave a peek at her finished Black Widow cosplay for a convention she had already attended (by the time this post goes live anyway). SHE LOOKS AMAZING! I still feel unworthy of her following my work but it always makes me smile. Other amazing cosplays she's done include Scarlett from Killer is Dead, Stocking of Panty & Stocking, Nana from the disturbing ME!ME!ME! video and many more.

Her forte seems to be more towards anime and video games since she expressed how she rarely does comic book characters and hopes her Black Widow will do well. Katyuska I can definitely say that you looked gorgeous <3. I want to say so much more about this incredibly sweet cosplayer and how much she inspires me but I think I covered everything. Crossing my fingers that we can finally do the interview we have been talking about since last year. She also has the cutest shirts!

To Katyuska, thank you so much for all the love and support you've given me. I really do hope I get to meet you one day and give you a big hug. You always make me smile with your posts and pictures. Keep being amazing and don't stop being you!

Photo by Carlos Mayenco

Photo by What a Big Camera 

Photo by John Pryke

What's Popular?