Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Electric Lady's Morgianna from Dragon Fin Soup!

Photo by RickFromVegas
One of the cosplayers I had the pleasure of finally meeting at PAX East this year was Kara otherwise known  as Electric Lady! She was there with April Gloria promoting the upcoming game Dragon Fin Soup! The character Kara was portraying was Morgianna who's one of the central characters in the game. I really loved the cosplay and Kara looked absolutely adorable. Hence why I wanted to give it a feature for you guys today. The cosplay itself is very skimpy with various pieces of armor on her arm and legs. There's also the bright pink wig that Kara is wearing and it looks fantastic! Her top is dark purple with black streaks across her chest which extend off to the straps up to her shoulders. The bottom is then connected to her lower areas via belt straps. Alongside her left side is a very flimsy like fabric that's see through and purple which looks adorable!

Photo by JwaiDesign Photography
The armor which is shown on Kara's left arm and right leg look to made out of foam or Worbla. They definitely look battle worn with the right shade and mix of black and gray. I really like the spikes coming out of the shoulder part. Her legs have straps wrapped around and the armor is done matching with the arm pieces. In terms of weaponry, Kara has a small dagger which is triangular shaped and wrapped in leather like straps.

There's also a wrist bracelet of green circles and a slight makeup over her nose with the scar in the picture on the left. To promote the game and her announcement initially, Kara went out into the snow to have a photoshoot in Morgianna. I have to say the pictures look absolutely beautiful and it really works with the purple colors of the cosplay overall. Kara strikes both battle ready poses as well as relaxing ones with stretching her arms. I really love this outfit and as I mentioned above she looks unbelievably pretty in this cosplay. I'm surprised I wasn't nervous talking with her and I regret not having time to go back and say goodbye to her or April. Take a look at the rest of the pictures below :)

Photo by RickyFromVegas
Photo by RickFromVegas
I definitely recommend checking out Electric Lady's Facebook page! She makes some really adorable outfits and I just feel bad that it took me this long to properly feature her :)

What's Popular?