Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Lyz Brickley's Warrior Fluttershy!

Photo by Dara Defreitas Cosplay
I have for you guys another beautiful cosplay from Katsucon! I'm sure you all remember cosplayer Lyz Brickley from previous features I've done on her. For the con, Lyz was part of a big My Little Pony Battle Armor group with various other cosplayers such as Chubear Cosplay and Joanna Mari to name a few. As for which pony she chose, Lyz went with Fluttershy and I can't even begin to say how much of a perfect match she is for the animal loving pony. For those unfamiliar to the show, Fluttershy is mainly the shy but sweet one. Even though I've never had the pleasure of formally meeting Lyz, from the pictures and videos I've seen of her, she's just absolutely adorable and has the cutest voice EVER! The cosplay itself was designed by one of the other members in the group and I'm somewhat reminded of Princess Leia's Slave bikini from Return of the Jedi.

Photo by David Ngo
The cosplay consists of a bright pink wig with yellow pony ears. Armor wise is a lone arm covering on her right arm along with pieces on her hip which connect and hold up her elegant lower dress. Despite the outfit not having much armor covering, I feel that it works for Fluttershy's character especially. Her weapon of choice is the bow and arrow. The bow looks to possibly resemble a tree/forest like nature with it's brown base and green vines covering the bow itself. The armor is tinted to be the classic gold shine that many are familiar with. If I remember correctly, the armor was made out of Worbla!

The skirt on the lower side as I mentioned before is very elegant like with pink in the front and yellow in the back. Again these are Fluttershy's colors so they work beautifully. The breastplate and hip armor have such a beautiful design within them plus there are beads/necklaces that hang off the chest in a curve like manner. There's also a headband that's seen with wings that are on the sides of her wig. Lyz poses so peaceful and stoic, which make the images look absolutely beautiful! I do hope you guys like the other pictures I have to share with you all!




Photo by John Jiao Photography
Photo by Sorairo-days Cosplay and Photography

I highly suggest you guys go check out Lyz Brickley's page on FB! She makes some pretty awesome cosplays! :D

What's Popular?