Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Jaycee Cosplay's Queen Glaceon!

Photo by View Beyond Sight Photography

Jaycee Cosplay had one of my favorite cosplay lineups out of lots of cosplayers who attended Katsucon in February. Both her updated Shaymin gijinka and Queen Glaceon looked absolutely beautiful and she wore them so majestically. I wanted to focus on the latter cosplay because the colors of her wig are just so amazing. The concept of this cosplay is pretty much in the name of it. Glaceon is taking on a queen form complete with ears, a crown and a ruling staff. Aside from these accessories, Jaycee is seen wearing a long and gorgeous dress which extends all the way down over her feet. The colors are a mix of white and very light shades of blue to give off that ice look. It makes sense considering Glaceon is well...an ice type Pokemon. Coming off the back end is a large piece of fabric with a pattern synonymous to the Eeveelution as well.

Photo by James Andreoli
The jewelry Jaycee has looks very beautiful and consists of her crown, a necklace, and a belt down below. The top portion has ruffles/stripes and as you travel down, the dress looks pretty normal with small specks of blue throughout to enhance that ice look. The staff Jaycee has looks to be possibly made with resin or foam. Glaceon's head is at the top, and the pole extending down is decorated with blue dots that kinda remind me of Icebreaker mints XD. The bottom is formed to look like a tail and not your typical flat bottom.

Like I mentioned in the beginning, I'm IN LOVE with the wig. The light blue which surrounds the darker shades works so well. I kinda just want to run my hands through the wig. The ears look to be done with the same material as the staff. On the ends of Jaycee's sleeves are of a blue diamond shape which is what Glaceon has on her body as part of the pattern. I just really REALLY love this cosplay overall and if Jaycee ever added prints of this, I'd definitely grab one. Check out these other gorgeous pictures!





Photo by Eleventh Photography
Photo by Martin Wong
Photo by Sean's Photography
Photo by Sean's Photography
Photo by Alex Valderana Photography
If you haven't liked Jaycee Cosplay on Facebook, I highly suggest you do so! I have such a big cosplay crush on her <3

What's Popular?