Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Why She's my Favorite: Kristen Hughey


Kristen Hughey has been one amazing lady to me in the time I've known her in my cosplay life. I managed to meet her early than expected at RI Comic Con 2013 rather than PAX East the following year. If I had to sum it up, I get a "Girl Next Door" vibe from her since she's beyond beautiful. Literally I don't know how I'm able to have a conversation with her without sounding like an idiot. SHE'S GORGEOUS YOU GUYS <3. She's cosplayed some amazing characters and even taking her own spin on things such as her Female Aquaman pictured above! I really hope she loves my upcoming cosplay on him since it'll comprise of similar elements to hers...wait does that sound weird? I'M NOT GONNA WEAR A BRA XD.

On top of cosplay, Kristen does some incredible modeling shoots in products such as Black Milk Clothing and she definitely has that model body. Half the time she becomes my phone background among a set of cosplayers who always have beautiful photos taken! Kristen has a strong love for video game ladies with Cammy, Lara Croft and several League of Legends characters. I'm incredibly excited to see her Janna pictures she shot recently!! There's also a slew of comic book ladies that Kristen has cosplayed which I'll get into below!


From Psylocke to Black Canary, Kristen has even recently taken her other love of bathing suits and released a calendar for this year! Each of the outfits revolve around a comic book hero or villain so duh of course I picked one up? She's also the reason as to why I play certain champions in LoL like Ms Fortune since Kristen absolutely rocked the Secret Agent skin at PAX East last year! Really to get down to it, Kristen is such a sweetheart and her kindness matches up with how beautiful she is <3.

She's always happy to see me whenever there's the chance I get to see her at a convention. Giving me pointers on cosplay and always loved seeing what I make next. I sincerely wouldn't mind being in a photoshoot with her one day. Plus there's still the second part of our interview that needs to happen and I'd love to know why pin up is one of her favorite styles :D. She rocks that so hard! I should also add that her husband Bruce is pretty awesome as well ^_^.

To Kristen, thanks for being who you are. A wonderful human being with an amazing heart and fantastic cosplay talent! I miss you after every time a convention ends where we're both at and you always make it fun for me :). Here's some more pictures of me and Kristen!







What's Popular?