Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Why She's my Favorite: Jessica Nigri


There are some people you meet in life, where they just repeatedly impact your life in so many ways. They cause you to practically change your life to better yourself and raise your happiness on so many levels. I can say with full confidence that's what Jessica Nigri did for me. So much can be said about this wonderful human being which is why she's one of my favorite cosplayers out of all the ones I follow. Let's just get it out of the way and say holy crap Jess is gorgeous from top to bottom, inside and out. There probably isn't a cosplay that she hasn't worn where she looks attractive in some sort of way. Jessica is one of the core reasons as to why this blog exists and why I'm doing what I am right now.

I met Jessica about 3 years ago when she was rising in popularity within the cosplay world. She was also the first "well known" cosplayer I met who knew me before hand from being so active on her fan page as it was starting out. It was at PAX East 2012 and she wore her Juliet Starling cosplay while promoting Lollipop Chainsaw and yes I took lots of pictures XD. From there I'd go on to see her multiple times up to now. Every time she'd greet me with possibly the biggest smile on her face and give the best hugs ever ^_^. Always giving me encouraging words about my cosplays that I'm wearing along with supporting my blog in the last few years.

Just go read through some of the many convention reports where I've seen her along with the cosplay features of her to get an idea. I'll always have something nice to say about her and I love getting to know her more. I admit it's still difficult to make some conversations with her cause SHE'S TOO PRETTY but I'm getting better :). There's so many cosplays she's made that have a special place in my heart in terms of favorite. Juliet Starling was the cosplay I met her in, Mad Moxxi is pretty much perfection, and she let her ideas run wild with her recent Eevee gijinkas.

It's mainly her personality and outlook on life that make me stay pretty much a life long fan. She shrugs off all the hateful comments that people leave her and keeps on being her. Not to mention hoping that those who do leave hateful comments are doing ok since that's her philosophy of sorts. Sometimes Jess can act a little crazy/funny but that just adds so much more. She's inspired me in so many ways that you wouldn't believe. I exercise as much as possible to get a comfortable body along with raising my mood. I've made lifelong friends online through our mutual love and respect we have for Jessica. Getting out much more and being confident with meeting new people, and expanding my creative side with cosplays and creating them. I'll probably be saying this a few more times at different events (like when I get married one day) but truly, meeting Jessica Nigri and being friends with her is one of the best things that has ever happened in my life. I look up to her in so many ways and I'm so excited to hopefully see her this year (she was so elusive at PAX East >_<). I wouldn't mind spending a day with her to see what she's like, or being in a cosplay photoshoot with her in matching outfits.

To Jessica, thank you for all the happiness you've given me. I've said this to you millions of times and I hope you're not sick of hearing it. You've helped with my depression, and I always get a sense that things will get better just by thinking of the memories we've made together at cons. You're the absolute best and I love you to bits <3. Keep being you Nigri, don't EVER change.








What's Popular?