Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Deanna Davis' Sniper Wolf!


I've always been in love with all the cosplay elements that Deanna Davis puts into nearly every single one of her cosplays. Her wide array of talents can be seen in her huge portfolio of outfits! What's cool is I think most of the time she doesn't happen to drop hints on what she's working on. She'll just make the cosplay, then work out a photoshoot using her own equipment! For today, I've got Deanna's Sniper Wolf from Metal Gear Solid. Another hardened female character, Deanna is clad in the sniper's signature green jumpsuit with Foxhound's logo patched on her upper arm near the shoulder. The suit is covered in pockets along with the most amount of pockets to pretty much hold the essential ammo and equipment Sniper Wolf would need to take down Snake.

The suit is also weathered extremely well with black markings throughout the suit. Deanna is also sporting combat boots and leather gloves. I love the blonde wig she found for Sniper Wolf and the make up makes pull off the seductive look/nature that the character used in the game at certain points! Of course, the cosplay wouldn't be complete without the giant sniper rifle that is seen in the pictures here! It looks to be a very well made prop and I actually have to wonder how heavy it was for Deanna to hold for the shots taken.

Speaking of the shots...no pun intended...Deanna is shown in battle ready poses along with few laying down in the classic stable position. The latter form has her hold the rifle in a manner as if she's ready to patiently fire a bullet into her next victim. The background has a very apocalyptic/war zone feel with the blending of grays and lighting coming in from above.  As usual, Deanna blows me away with this cosplay and I do hope you all enjoy the photos! <3




All photos by It's Raining Neon!

If you haven't already, please go check out Deanna's cosplay page at It's Raining Neon on Facebook! :D

What's Popular?