Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Byndo Gehk's Firebird Wizard!

Photo by Riley Sinclair
I mentioned back in my Katsucon Showcase that Byndo Gehk practically slaved on her Firebird Wizard from Diablo 3. It was really awesome to hear that she was able to finish it in time. After looking through the photos, my best guess was that this is the Wizard class from Diablo 3 in the armor set known as Firebird. Sorry if that sounded too obvious/stupid of me to point out XD. Fitting to it's name, there's a ton of dark red and gold in the armor. The base outfit is a black one piece suit with half a red jacket covering one of her arms. There's also a sash/skirt that is seen as you go down throughout the outfit. The stand out portions of this cosplay are of course the armor which I'll get to next!

Photo by John Jiao Photography
Byndo is pretty much covered in armor which is in various places of this cosplay. On her arm that isn't covered, is a brown arm guard with gold plating covering her hand and fingers. This part reminds me of how Vincent Valentine looks from Final Fantasy 7. I love the curves and design of her shoulder plates. The gold and red really do work well together. There's also leg armor with brown straps that can be seen higher up. This armor is also golden throughout. Connecting the lower sash is a buckle which looks so cool! I really love Byndo's hair and how it looks. If you guys aren't aware, that is in fact her real hair and it looks FABULOUS :D!

The standout armor piece is the helmet which has layered/sectioned pieces coming through the top. The design of this helmet also matches up with the name Firebird. Particularly because of the giant bird armor feathers coming off the back of the helmet. These are of a much darker gold color. The main material used for the armor is Worbla and I can definitely tell Byndo put a lot of love into this cosplay! The orb that she's holding is also embedded with LED lights so it lights up! Much like how Monika Lee's orb worked for her Wizard! I'm so in love with the photos that came out of. Byndo makes some awesome poses that show off the cosplay beautifully.

Photo by John Jiao Photography
Photo by Obscura Vista
Photo by D. Brooks Photo82 
Photo by David Ngo

Ever since I found Byndo Gehk late last year she's quickly become one of my favorite cosplayers and I just love her personality. Go visit the Party King's page and stare at her work! :D

What's Popular?