Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Vicky Lau's Sinon!



Cosplayer Vicky Lau certainly has so much talent on top of her photography skills which I discussed awhile back! This week, I have her cosplaying the shy yet totally awesome character Sinon from Sword Art Online 2! In the second season, Sinon is an experienced sniper who helps out Kirito find this serial killer terrorizing players within the Virtual Reality game Gun Gale Online. Sinon's outfit consist of a small one piece suit that's outlined in black and white. Vicky here is wearing a short cropped up jacket that goes to just about below her chest. This is colored a dark forest green along with the black and white to match the small suit.

Black short shorts are shown which are slightly covered on the side. The covers are also the same shade of green as the jacket. They extend slightly down and look as if to be connected to the knee high coverings for her legs. Even though upon closer inspection, they are not. Vicky's Sinon also has both her trademark scarf with its trademark design along the middle. Course the cosplay wouldn't be completed without her signature rifle known as Hecate. Hecate looks to be a prop rifle unless I'm mistaken and Vicky actually created it! If that's the case, then wow!

To finish it off, the wig looks absolutely cute and is a very bright shade of light blue. There's also the small black bands around her front ponytails. I really love the outdoor photos of this cosplay as the blue in the background looks really beautiful. It works well with the dark green and black/white of the cosplay. I hope you guys enjoy the pictures! VICKY, YOU'RE SO CUTE!







All Photos by Jimjim Cosplay Photography!

If you haven't liked Vicky's Cosplay/Photography page, please check her out! You will not be disappointed! :)

What's Popular?