Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Review: The Co-Creator


This past weekend I had the awesome experience of attending a play over at The Arctic Playhouse. The play in question was titled "The Co-Creator" and written by Lenny Schwartz. If you couldn't tell by the title image, the premise was basically a life story of Bill Finger. Known famously as the co-creator to Batman next to Bob Kane, Bill was wrongfully uncredited for coming up with many aspects of the Batman universe. From Robin, Ace the Bathound, to the Joker and Riddler, Bill also had a hand in creating other characters such as the Green Lantern Hal Jordan. The play took place within a medium sized room with a very entertaining stage. I really enjoyed the total cast of 15 actors and actresses.

The roles of Bill Finger and Bob Kane were portrayed by Chris Ferreira and Brad Kirton respectively. I wasn't too informed on the backstory for these 2 creators but I was really surprised at hearing the true story behind Batman's creation. Both of these fine gentleman did such an incredible job in portraying such iconic creators. There was lots of humor throughout the story and I chuckled at the various references to other DC properties such as Coast City being mentioned when they were trying to come up with the city at which Batman lives and fights crime in. Other notable DC men were mentioned like Julius Schwartz throughout the play. It was very interesting to see the things that Bill had to go through with his marriages along with being tormented by Bob Kane achieving all this fame.

Lots of work and love went into this play and I loved the various Bat memorabilia that decorated the playhouse. The production clocked in at about 1 hour and 45 minutes with a 10 minute intermission. As someone who's big into comic books and the Batman universe I was extremely entertained overall and would definitely recommend anyone who lives nearby in RI to check it out during any of the weekends it's being shown throughout the month of April.

Note: Apologies if this review seems really short, I'm not that well skilled in reviewing plays since well this was my first one done ever.

What's Popular?