Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Jenna Lynn Meowri as Corrupted Ysera!

Photo by Darien Hester

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Even as I'm writing this, I'm kicking myself for not going back that night at Katsucon when best babe Jenna Lynn Meowri debuted this incredible cosplay. Originally was something planned for BlizzCon last year, her Corrupted Ysera instead found its home at this year's Katsu. For those not in the know, Ysera is one of the Dragon Aspects in the Warcraft lore. Specifically, she has command over nature and its life force. At some point during WoW's lifespan, Ysera ended up becoming corrupted and the player had to free her from evil's grasp. If I remember correctly, I played through this quest line during the Cataclysm expansion. Of course apologies if that's all wrong though! You can imagine though this cosplay took a LOT of effort to get into. Most of the aspects have a humanoid form and Ysera takes shape of an alluring Night Elf!

Photo by David Ngo
In some shots, you'll see Jenna rocking a crown/headpiece whereas in others she isn't, and allows herself to let all that hair down <3. Jenna from the moment I found her work has been one of the most gorgeous cosplayers I've had the pleasure of meeting and this is just something else. Parts of the way this was designed reminds me strongly of how the Banshee Queen Sylvanas looks in the game. Purple and grey are the main colors for the armor work. Said armor includes a small breastplate, leg armor, and covering of her arm just about up to her elbows.

Some of the photos give a good look at a dark purple sleeve which acts as a comfort base for the armor to rest on. The sleeve actually goes up past her shoulders for the addition of the armor there. The design there is absolutely insane too with its crescent moon piece and detailing to make the piece look like wood. All the other armor pieces have gorgeous scale work that no doubt took a very long time to make. The red stones seen in certain spots of the cosplay do indeed light up too which I absolutely LOVE :D. It also looks like leather/vinyl gloves were used as well!

Photo by Robbie Stark

Jenna did a fantastic job in the makeup area too! Small markings coming down from her eyes, dark seductive lips, and crazy long eyebrows! The elf ears are also a nice touch, and the long wig is of a blood red shade which works with the other colors like crazy! Taking a shot in the dark here, the horns on Jenna's crown are of varying sizes/shapes, maybe to symbolize the corrupted nature of this character? I managed to see some video of this later on after the con and the setting for the main hotel was very dark, in order to get the gemstones to pop in the pictures. Jenna Lynn Meowri is truly an incredible cosplayer and one that I hope I'll get to see again sooner rather than later :).

Photo by JwaiDesign

You all should know by now how much I love this woman so please check out her work, you won't be disappointed <3. I've got links to her FB and Twitter below! If she starts up a Patreon, you damn well know I'll do all I can to consistently be pledged to her :). LOVE THIS BAB

What's Popular?