Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Narga Cosplay's Frost Lich Jaina!


I was pointed into the direction of Narga Cosplay by Azura Cosplay not too long ago and my mouth dropped to the floor when I found her page. Part of the duo Narga and Aoki Cosplay, Narga (Natasha) is a Russian based cosplayer who's done some insane work you guys. One franchise I could instantly pinpoint that was a favorite is the Warcraft universe. It made sense to me then, that I should focus on an outfit she made from the storied series. Frost Lich Jaina caught my eyes thanks to my familiarity with the popular Hearthstone spin off game. Quick backstory: Frost Lich Jaina is one of the recently added "Hero" cards that transforms your chosen character with an upgraded version. This then leads to a brand new hero ability and an instant effect that happens once she enters play. Debuted in the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion, Frost Lich Jaina is a what if version of Jaina Proudmoore being reborn as a Death Knight in the service of the Lich King.

Now that that's out of the way, HOLY SMOKES THIS COSPLAY! Going off of the images provided from in-game, Narga and Aoki did an absolutely incredible job with this cosplay. Jaina here is comprised of a breastplate and a dress that's both chained up to be held together and tattered at the sides + ends. The color scheme is very icy based while retaining some of Jaina's classic colors like purple and gold. The massive skull holding the dress together has three chains draping down from it. From the breastplate, you can also see tattered sleeves covering Narga's arms plus dark wrappings in the upper section closer to her hands.


Narga's cloak is perfectly cut and shaped. I also imagine it's quite massive and thick to wear. The fur trim is beyond beautiful as is the shade of blue. Quickly going back to her arms, there's also some armor wear/bracers done in silver with a gold trim. Up on Narga's shoulders are a pair of impressively made pauldrons. What's interesting is that they're both completely different, one being more on the Lich side with the rough dragon head and blue eyes. The other is much smoother in shape and design, plus it's something Jaina most likely wore in her original human form. I'm curious if this is to signify Jaina's nature of being controlled in this form and she's holding back to be fully gone. Whatever the case may be, I love the design choice here.

Can we talk about how damn amazing Natasha's wig is cause GUYS :D. Here we see a mix of white and a pink/red shade traveling up the middle. The style of the wig in the finished shots remind me of banshee which is probably what the developers were going for when creating Frost Lich Jaina. Natasha's makeup is absolutely amazing here too, the line and blue makeup shine in these photos. She's also not messing around when it comes to her weaponry. Dual wielding both a mage staff and Frostmourne itself, it makes for some epic posing. While checking the photos on their page, there were no notes on them being commissioned so yep, both were made by Narga :O.

The photos are something else too! Beautifully edited to capture the look and feel of Northrend, plus editing the weaponry and certain gems in the cosplay to glow that icy blue feel. There's also ice shards embedded into the wig! Take a look at the other shots I have of Narga's Jaina!



All shots by KIRA photoarts!

I HIGHLY recommend you guys check out Aoki and Narga's work. Aoki makes an incredible Arthas among many other cosplays and character's they've brought to life!
https://www.facebook.com/lifestreamcos/
https://www.patreon.com/Narga

What's Popular?