Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Azura Cosplay as a Void Elf!

Photo by P Karpey Photography

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

The last time I shared the dynamite that is Azura Cosplay, it was when I first found her with the Ghost gijinka she made. Now, I have an exclusive cosplay which she debuted this year at Katsucon and holy smokes is it GORGEOUS! She also told me that at the time, she believes to be one of the only cosplayers to have done this outfit. Course I'm talking about the killer yet seductive Void Elves from the Warcraft universe. More recently they'll become a playable race option for the Blood Elves in WoW's upcoming expansion, Battle for Azeroth. One of the main elements (or struggles for Azura) is body painting herself in that purple hue. Though now that I think about it, it could have also been added in as an edit to the photos she had taken. Like typical elf fashion, the top part is skimpy but an absolutely gorgeous breastplate. First glance at the cosplay as a whole, Azura definitely has an amazing figure and she works it in the photos.


Photo by David Ngo
The colors of the armor are pretty vibrant, along with being my favorites. Blue, purple and gold for the armor and a gorgeously blue tye dyed wig on the top. Azura is wearing long yoga like sweatpants for comfy wear and the armor goes on top. From the belt's center, is a long piece of armor draped down almost like a tabard. There's also the side leg armor and ones that travel down her feet. On these pieces and the breastplate, are spots that have included LED lights which were perfect when Azura wore this at night during Katsucon.

Other pieces to the cosplay include gloves that extend pretty long as support for her bracers. Oh and the shoulder pieces are pretty extreme here as well. Multiple spikes coming out of each one with swirls and a killer pattern to them. Topping off the cosplay is a small but cute crown that's bejeweled up with 3 pieces. The elf ears are also amazing too! Some of the shots give a good close up to how the legs are constructed. It looks like in addition to the pants, there's dark purple boots which serve as a base for the armor I mentioned earlier. A small cape can be seen extending from Azura's back. Most likely attached to her shoulder pieces.


Yea this cosplay makes me so so happy you guys. Azura is just an absolute beauty and I'm so happy I got to meet her at Katsucon this year. Though I'm definitely wishing I got to see this in person :O. This is certainly an incredible cosplay and I'm beyond excited to support her through her future builds, whether they be sexy or incredibly badass! She also wore this at PAX East earlier this month and the shots from there are also pretty amazing! Check the other shots I picked out!



Photo by P. Karpey Photography

Azura is DEFINITELY someone you all should be following. This is definitely a passion of hers and one she'd like to take to new heights in the future. I've been helping her with setting up a Patreon that I'm beyond excited to see go live and wish nothing but all the success for her. You can check out these links to follow Azura and keep an eye on the Patreon link too!

What's Popular?