Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Artist Appreciation: Zach Fischer Illustration



In my recent collection of new people to share, I thought to keep expanding to all aspects of the cosplay world. Sure I got new cosplayers to write about, but I wanted to go back into looking at photographers and even artists that have made an impact on the hobby/culture. Followers of my blog may recognize the name Zach Fischer and his many collaborations with various well respected cosplayers. Need a quick refresher? He's the guy who redesigns characters or transforms animal beings into insane gijinka creations. Jessica Nigri's many Dragon Aspects? The forthcoming Knights of the Ebon Blade Project? All done by Zach Fischer. He currently does these insane commission works while also having been reached out by companies for his input. Blizzard is one company he's worked with multiple times in the past. The various franchises from the developer hold a special place in Zach's heart and the bulk of his designs come from them.

Other characters Zach has had a take on include Totoro, Alduin from Skyrim even some League of Legends characters. Mostly, you'll see cosplayers make remarks of Zach being a total sadist including WAY TOO MANY little details and spikes aplenty. Think Tetsuya Nomura with his obsession of belts, zippers and straps, then take it a step further with lots of pointy objects. Seeing many of these designs come to life must give him a huge wave of excitement and happiness. I truthfully don't blame him for that, these creations are something to behold you guys.

Outside of doing these designs, I've seen Zach be a HUGE supporter of cosplay as a whole. Going as far as to making a shirt which encourages ANYONE to cosplay as they see fit. Along with saying that they shouldn't listen to so called "elitists" that try to dictate what the hobby is and should be. Future Artist Appreciation posts will mostly be short since the main point is for you guys to take a peek at the insane designs these talented individuals make. Zach's work is here to stay and I can't wait to see what he's got planned in the future. Seeing him reveal work and tease collabs with favorite cosplayers ALWAYS gets me excited :)









All pieces done by Zach Fischer Illustration!

If you guys like what you see, then by all means go visit his FB page for more of his work! I also highly suggest checking out his Patreon as well, you own't regret it!
https://www.facebook.com/ZFillustration
https://www.patreon.com/zachfischerart

What's Popular?