Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Figure Review: Mad Moxxi by Chronicle Collectibles


In order to expand the kind of content shown on Lightning Palace even further, I'm introducing Figure Reviews! Basically for the start, I'm highlighting some of my favorite figurines that I've purchased in the past. I'll also be showing off another product I got fairly recently once these figures have gone up. To kick it off, here's this gorgeous statue I got of everyone's favorite buxom barkeep, Mad Moxxi. Done by Chronicle Collectibles, this statue was also sold as a Gamestop exclusive to only 5000 copies. My local Gamestop had one for a long time and until I snagged it, I always did have an eye for it. What's even more interesting is that the box didn't give a good look at the statue so it was a huge surprise when I unboxed her. The Mad Moxxi statue was also one of my first "treat myself" goodies from a job I had recently got.

The statue itself is surprisingly very heavy as is the brown base/stand for her. Here, the base is done with a wood like texture and full on brown in color. The base design resembles a pattern seen in the Borderlands series of games. Moxxi's name is plastered out front and center. Moxxi herself comes with 2 pegs underneath her legs for placement on the bast. The violence loving bartender has her assets on full display in addition to her signature megaphone. The detailing as a whole is really something else.

The purple in her tailcoat and hat really stand out with its deep shade. The cel-shading is also really rad, and the little details to Moxxi's crazy mismatched outfit are sculpted beautifully. Other colors include the light blue underwear, yellow trim on the coat, and black, grey plus white. Her various pouches can be seen hanging off her multiple brown belts too!





The Mad Moxxi statue is really something else and completely blew me away in terms of how it was crafted. Currently you cannot get this from Gamestop online so there are either still copies of it in various stores, or it's gone completely. Very glad I treated myself on this statue when I did a few years back :D.

What's Popular?