Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Figure Review: Ann Takamaki by Hobby Japan


Through playing Persona 5, I definitely fell head over heels in love with Ann Takamaki. Otherwise known as Panther in the Metaverse, her design and character was something that hooked me in hard. After an accidental purchase when looking through her statue and seeing how much it'd cost me, I can happily say that I love this figure immensely. Nearly a year long wait for her too! Sculpted beautifully by Natsuki Manabe, this is Ann in her skin-tight cat uniform where she dons the identity of Panther. The curvature and shine of this statue is definitely one that makes me blush :3. Ann is made in a very action like pose, almost like she's about to spring into a fight with her deadly whip. Hell, even the box she came in was super rad! This statue of Panther is all done in a bright shade of red for the suit, with the darker shade for the boots. The zipper details are incredibly accurate, from the chest opening, to the one traveling down her backside.


The waves of Ann's ponytails are gorgeously sculpted too! When the figure arrived, there was some assembly that needed to happen. Mainly with her whip and the tail coming out of her butt. The latter part scared me as I was placing it in due to how loose it initially felt. The base is small and done in a sleek triangle shape with the Persona 5 title/logo on it. There's also a slight indent where Panther's heel goes for placement. The pink gloves stand out too! Other accessories include the Panther mask and a tuft of hair which can be switched to give Ann either a masked or unmasked look.

The whip was also pre made in a crazy loop so I did my best in recreating the correct look shown on the box and in the instructions. Ann has a nice spot in the corner of my desk so she's always looked at. Also of course I had to give you guys booty shots :D <3.








This is one figure I will NOT grow tired of, best accidental purchase ever! Currently the Ann figure is sold out over on Tokyo Otaku Mode where I purchased her. I'm unsure if she's out of print, gonna have to do some Google searching for her guys!

What's Popular?