Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Photographer Spotlight: Shutterwolf Studios!

Cosplayer: Beke Cosplay

I also wanted to bring back the Photographer focused features for you all. I think the last couple of times this was done were on Martin Wong and Darshelle Stevens! Today, my bestie and fellow cosplayer Jawjarrose pointed me in the direction of Shutterwolf Studios! His work I've definitely seen and have used before in features such as ones with Georgia. So I went ahead and grabbed several of his shots to try and see if I can point out some similarities between them. Along with figuring out some of his favorite ways to shoot! For starters, all of the shots were done outside near conventions he attended. From the brief peek I took at his page, I don't know if Shutterwolf has an indoor based studio where he's done more work. With the outdoor shots, I feel that utilizing/capturing the natural sunlight is a favorite technique of his. Either that or some clever photo manipulating is done as post-work.

Cosplay by Blondiee
Many of the pics I have are also full body shots, but they're taken in a way that really shows the full details of the cosplay. Normally I love full body shots tho depending on the distance, it can be difficult to make out the intricacies of the outfit. Don't worry, there are some close up pics in there! Such as Coralea Jade being a babe as Witch Mercy! Some of these close up shots have that classic focus on the subject with the background being somewhat blurred out.

If at any point I talked absolute nonsense then I apologize. That's pretty much all I have on Shutterwold Studios. Take a look at some of the other pictures down below, see if you can pick up what I pointed out :D.






Cosplay by Coralea Jade

Cosplay by Jawjarrose

Cosplay by Jeanie Cosplay

Cosplay by Sol Da Silva

Of course, all shots taken by Shutterwolf Studios!

I always enjoy seeing his shots come out after every con down in the AU! If you want to see more of his work or potentially work with Shutterwolf, check out his page link down below!

What's Popular?