Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Danielle Beaulieu as a Brightwing!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I can always count on Danielle Beaulieu for churning out some truly incredible pieces of art. With her undying love of Warcraft very apparent, she once again dove into the franchise for Brightwing. For those unaware, Brightwing is a faerie dragon in the WoW universe as well as a playable character in Heroes of the Storm. If you look at the top image, then you already have an idea as to how this creature is designed. SO MANY BRIGHT COLORS with of course horns and wings. You'd be crazy to think Danielle wouldn't add those elements into this gijinka/cosplay. Overall, the outfit is modeled after how skimpy some of the armor sets can be for female elves or even the dragon aspects' humanoid forms. From her hands to just about the elbows, Danielle is straight covered up in armor plating. The fingers look to be moveable along with many LED lighting throughout the cosplay.


Much like many armor cosplays, these arms have a glove underneath for comfort so that the skin isn't scratched up. The lower areas include a thong/chastity belt like strap with crazy hip armor attached. These pieces ALSO have little dragon wings extending off of them.  The leg armor is laid out in a common practice that I've seen done time and time again. Scale texture added in some parts, but what I loved was way down at the bottom. Due to the fantastical nature of the shoot backdrop, you don't see much BUT small butterfly wings can be made out which look to be placed directly on the foot area. That's pretty freaking rad to me :).

The breastplate is also pretty standard in its base design yet has some pretty amazing curvature and shading/shapes. The shoulders are absolutely out of control with multi colored feathers off at the top. I feel with how close they are to the breastplate, they look much bigger than in reality. Some of the shots taken do an awesome job at showing off the wings that come out of her back. These look like they were done with a much lighter material.


Danielle is rocking a beautiful long wig that of course is tye dyed in several colors! The horns are absolutely massive and are done in purple and grey. The ears are so incredibly interesting to look at and she's got this weird face guard for her chin! Drooping down from this is a small red stone. With shoots like this, Danielle always puts out all the stops. The forest set she created in her home is amazing and just goes to show you how much passion she has for cosplay and the characters she's chosen. Take a look at them for yourselves!





All Photos by Carlos G Photography!

Danielle is truly a treasure in the cosplay community and is THE ONE individual that I'd recommend as a must-follow creator. The regular cosplay shoots, the lewds, her personality, all of it is incredibly exemplary. I of course love this lady tons and am thankful to have formed a bond/friendship with her. Please check her FB and Patreon out everyone!
https://www.facebook.com/Daniellecosplay/
https://www.patreon.com/DanielleCosplay/

What's Popular?