Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Product Review: Batman Heavy Peacoat by Hero Within!



If you missed it last month, here's my Small Business Shoutout on Hero Within!

I pretty much can't get enough of Hero Within and their stellar Comic themed fashion-wear! Recently they've been having a sale on an item I certainly was eyeing due to its limited price. The item in question was their Batman Heavy Peacoat. It wasn't until a few months back that I was looking to try and acquire a peacoat in general and thought one from Hero Within would work wonders for me. They were especially generous to hook me up with one of these jackets in a size Small since at the time it was sold out! The jacket arrived this past Monday and holy smokes was this thing heavy in its weight! If you're aware of what a peacoat is, then the style/shape is exactly present in this Batman themed piece. Full on black in the front and back with interesting flaps and buttons in various spots. The collar up near my neck can be propped up if you're into that look! There's even a button strap way up on the neck for pure coverage.


The buttons are stylishly also in black with the company name engraved on the rims in yellow. That's the other thing with this being a Batman themed jacket. Black and Yellow is the main color scheme. The outside of the jacket is of a cotton like material that's super comfy to feel around. The back of the jacket has the Bat symbol etched into it. Here, the style is of The Dark Knight Returns version. This symbol makes a repeat appearance on the inside which is where things get out of control. Yellow all around with the bat logo up near the top of the jacket. Surprisingly to me, the material here is very mesh like which gives lots of comfort when worn.

There's also pieces of the Hero Within tag here and there. It's been 2-3 days since I got the Peacoat and I'm already in love with it. Though I certainly won't wear it EVERYWHERE like I do my Flash Jacket. Plus with the weather warming up, the peacoat will most likely see use on cool nights/the winter. Though given me living in New England, could still see snow in April....please god no more snow XD. Check out these other pics I snapped including some from their site! OH, the inside of the jacket is very utility belt like since there are A LOT of pockets in this thing :D.








As always, Hero Within DELIVERS with the quality of their products and I'm always happy supporting their work. Massive congrats to them on scoring the recent license deal with Marvel so those who are fans of the House of Ideas will have something to look forward to! Moon Knight/Guardians of the Galaxy themed pieces? DANGIT NOW I'M TEMPTED hahahaha. Visit their website below!
https://herowithinstore.com/

What's Popular?