Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kiki Cosplay's Mad Moxxi!


Stumbling on amazing cosplayers is kinda rad to me. So of course when I saw Kiki Cosplay pop in my Recommended tab on FB, her Tavern Moxxi instantly got my attention. Overall, I've featured Mad Moxxi on the multiples but I don't think her Tavern incarnation is in the collection. This version of everyone's favorite busty bartender is seen in the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep DLC for Borderlands 2. I can't even remember if I had played through it or not but I can recall it being a nerdy batch of pop culture references. Kiki here did a stellar job on accurately creating the outfit. What's got me shocked is that this is her very first cosplay she made :O. The style of Tavern Moxxi is similar to her canon appearances. The red fabric looks to be a gorgeous shade of deep red in velvet like material. Sleeves and the main piece were done up in it.

Poking out of the main body piece is a white puffy bra piece in place of the staple black bra. There's a small black trim here and the white poof appears again on her upper forearms. White stockings cover the legs with tall brown boots as well. Also seen on her arms are bracers done in purple with gold trim on each of the ends. Much like the other outfits, there's an underwear flash on her side as well. Plus a belt/pouch that's wrapped around and positioned off on a slant. The red main velvet piece has a blue square patch on the bottom and is tied up in the front with yellow string. Sort of gives me corset vibes.

Lastly you got the long brown hair and a small brown cap that's decorated with feathers of various colors. Kiki also did a fabulous job with the cel-shading and makeup. There's the pink blush mark on her cheek plus the iconic heart on her chest and eye droplets. The bright background in these shots work to some extent as sometimes looking at them hurt my eyes XD. Kiki overall crushed it <3.



All shots by No Robots Photography!

Definitely give Kiki Cosplay a follow on her Facebook if you want to check out more of her work! Really can't wait to see what she'll be making next in her cosplay journey! :)
https://www.facebook.com/kikitraycosplay/

What's Popular?