Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Holly Wolf's Queen Zelda!

Photo by Flashbang Cosplay

Even though last week I shared my wonderful Katsucon roomies, this is where Katsu cosplays take priority as I share at least one debuted a week. Pretty much how I did with Blizzcon if I had cosplays to talk about. If there's one thing I can count on with Holly Wolf, it's her undying love for the Legend of Zelda. With a collaboration between her and scifeyecandy led to the creation of this gorgeous gown you see Holly rocking. The basis/idea around it is mainly Zelda in her Breath of the Wild version growing up to be Queen of Hyrule. The full blown gown has some callbacks to Zelda's everyday outfit seen in flashbacks of BotW. The blue, white and gold is out in full force and I'm in complete awe of how Holly looks. I saw her in this briefly while chatting with Kristen Hughey at Katsucon! Me being the way I am though, I didn't get the courage to introduce myself (one of these days Holly I PROMISE <3). The outfit itself consists of one full piece, the top portion resembles Zelda's look in the latest entry.

Photo by thesleepymuse
For the top part, Holly has what looks to be a white under-suit/piece that the blue and gold rests on top of. Full on neck coverage along with her arms as well. Near her neck is a high pop collar that extends all the way down her back in a cape like matter. White separates the top piece to the bottom area of the gown. Here, it looks like a gold part of it runs down the middle like a tabard. The Triforce symbol makes its presence here and the sides of the gown have the same glitter gold pattern. Along her sleeves, the blue starts up at her shoulders to her elbows. The sleeves then drape downward with white covering the rest of her arms. Small gold bracelets decorate each arm.

There's just so freaking much going on with this cosplay that I don't know if I can cover every intricate detail in it. Hanging off the collar is a necklace that looks almost sewn into the top blue piece. Holly also has a white/blonde long wig with a full tiara on her forehead. Can't forget about the elf ears too right? Seeing this in person for the split second I did, the blue looked to be almost like a felt/fuzzy material. Maybe you guys know what I'm talking about here? The gold tabard part also is coming down from her waist which is decorated in a belt shaped pattern. Oh and part of her cape is in that light see through material, and it sparkles :O. The photos do wonders in showing off nearly every part of this cosplay and Holly just looks so damn regal and KILLS IT in the posing department. Check them out guys!





Photo by Flashbang Cosplay

Photo by thesleepymuse

Holly is definitely a passionate cosplayer and gamer among the other nerdy hobbies she has. I can tell each cosplay she does holds a special place in her heart. This collab was just a full blown success! If you want to check out more of Holly Wolf's work, check her out at these sites!

What's Popular?