Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Shermie Cosplay's Elektra!


Again, Shermie Cosplay is one of those individuals where I just stumbled across their work and immediately fell in love. It helps that the cosplay I saw her in at this point is the one I wanted to share with you guys today. Here, Shermie is suited up as the deadly assassin Elektra from the Marvel side of comics. Straight off, we're looking at her classic get up, where red is the name of the game for colors. The top part looks to be a one piece suit with a cape extending down from behind her. It's tough to see in some of the shots but there are red straps wrapped around one of her legs. Shermie is also rocking red heel boots and does some crazy stances in them. Both arms have straps as well, with the major one covering from her wrist to almost the elbow. True to Elektra though, these have fabric draping down from the wrists.

The second strap that's placed higher up her arm also has the same fabric draping going on. Shermie is equipped with dual sais which are most likely are done in plastic in order to travel with them to cons. The iconic red hairband is wrapped around her forehead leaving room for the dark hair to come down on either side. One thing that stood out for me was just how freaking shiny all the red fabric was. Plus the photos look like they were added some intense filtered effects.

The cosplay itself is pretty simple in its design, I'm in love with how Shermie looks overall in it. She certainly is a spot on Elektra again with the posing. Hopefully you all will agree with me in the other photos I have to share! Check them out :D.









All Photos by Victor Hugo!

Shermie is definitely a talented individual that I would recommend in checking out if you'd like! She also has a Patreon which I'll link to as well :D. Thanks for reading as always everyone!
https://www.facebook.com/shermiecos/
https://www.patreon.com/shermiecos

What's Popular?