Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Small Business Shoutout: Hero Within!



You can check out my Review on Hero Within's Flash Hoodie here!

On this edition of Small Business Shoutout, I wanted to take a moment and go further into talking about Hero Within. For those who don't know, they're an indie company with high quality clothing items based around the DC side of comic books. They even managed to get their creations officially licensed by DC/Warner Bros! After a long but successful journey in getting my first order from them last year, I only have nothing but good things to say about them. Special thanks to Ani-Mia for first letting me know about them and giving me the push I needed to order something from them. As it stands right now, Hero Within has several coats and shirts all adorned with symbols featuring mainstay characters like Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and several others.

The product that I specifically ordered was their Flash Athletic Hoodie and I for sure still wear it to this day. The main collection is dubbed the Justice League Collection and is further broken down into sub categories. Coats, jackets, jeans and shirts make up the Hero Within product line. To use an example, their Blazers are made up of 4 items, all Superman and Batman related. The outside is usually a singular color, but it's the inside where things get interesting. The Batman blazer you see on the left has the Bat symbol (mostly in its TDKR format) inside the jacket surrounded by yellow. The Superman in comparison is rich in blue with the House of El's symbol again, on the inside.

Other products include a Green Lantern Moto Jacket, Wonder Woman Denim jacket, and heavy winter Peacoats. As for myself, I'm debating on whether to get the Peacoat or a Blazer as my next item from them. I cannot emphasize enough how much quality and satisfaction means to this company. My whole ordeal with the Flash Hoodie in my Review should do everything in showcasing those qualities. Tony, the CEO/Founder was a delight to talk with briefly at NYCC last year and I look forward to purchasing from them again in addition to running into Tony at more cons. Below are some other product shots at what Hero Within offers for the stylish nerd :D.







The price range for these products generally are on the higher values but I can 100% say with confidence that you are getting your money's worth with them. Not to mention they're still expanding with introducing new products every now and then. Below are links to their FB page and Website. Please check them out if you're a hardcore DC fan, you won't be disappointed :).
https://www.facebook.com/HeroWithinInc/
https://herowithinstore.com/

What's Popular?