Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Playing Panda Cosplay's Samurai Ganondorf!



In my time cosplaying and observing it, I've always enjoyed mashups. So today I've got a pretty incredible one to share for today thanks to Playing Panda Cosplay. He took Hyrule's most fearsome enemy and combined him with the fierce history of Japan. Everyone, meet Samurai Ganondorf! The accuracy that Panda has to the way samurais were back in the day is astounding. The cosplay itself has black parts acting as an undersuit for the armor to be placed. After that, it's all armor, all the time. The full top parts to Panda's legs and arms are fully covered. The armor work itself is stellar, with a gold, black and red color scheme. Hints of blue can be seen on some of the pieces as well. Some of the symbolism references Ganondorf's true pig like form of Ganon. Mainly in the center chest piece and some spots showing what looks to be Ganon done in ancient tribal like drawings.


I absolutely love how the wig looks in this cosplay. Neatly shaped with bangs on the side and a pony tail done up at the top. The bright orange color is accurate to Ganondorf's hair in addition to the jewelry ornaments that decorate it. Orange ropes can been alongside Panda's waist plus his ankles. Above his hands are armor plates decorated with the Triforce symbol. Possibly referencing the fact that Ganondorf is in possession of one of the pieces to it. You can't really see a full view, but there's cape action going on behind him. Black seems to cover the outside with a gold trim and a deep red on its inside.

Prop wise, Panda is dual wielding twin swords that remind me of Ganondorf's weaponry in Wind Waker. These blades are black with a red rune pattern traveling up and down the sword. Gold touches the bottom and the hilt is done in orange. EVEN THE HILTS ARE DECORATED WITH A PATTERN! Just, gosh I love the hell out of this cosplay, oh and it comes complete with a face mask for his mouth. This is just full on evil smile decorated and makes Playing Panda so freaking menacing. There's so much to this cosplay that I hope the other pics I selected do it justice. You all NEED to see this :)






I definitely feel this outfit alone should make you guys want to check out/follow Playing Panda's cosplay work. In that case, check out this link :D
https://www.facebook.com/playingpandacosplay/

What's Popular?