Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Small Business Shoutout: Rarity's Boutique!



Welcome to the first edition in what I'm calling Small Business Shoutouts! I plan for these to be very brief along with my main goal to share some incredible products done by individuals who have a nerdy/geeky passion. I imagine most of my readers on here share the same passions so hey, you got a future purchase on your hands! In an effort to space out content, these will be monthly in frequency depending on if I have a company to research! With that being said, OF COURSE I had to do my first one on Rarity's Boutique. Run by the fabulous team of cosplayer Lisa Lou Who and her mom, they specialize in creating hoodies and other comfy wear like kigurumis. Rarity's Boutique started up in 2012 by Lisa herself who was the sole creator of the orders which were just hoodies at the time. Several years later as the products expanded and Lisa took on other cosplay related projects, that opened up to adding in her mother to the mix.

I caught wind of Rarity's Boutique through other cosplayers raving about her creations, before Lisa branched off to creating a cosplay page. At that time, her most popular products included Game of Thrones hoodies and sporting all of the Eeveelutions that were canon at that time. I of course wanted one for YEARS and finally managed to purchase her Jolteon hoodie near Christmas time 3 years ago!

Other themed items included My Little Pony (where the business name came from!), the main teams of Pokemon Go, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Steven Universe, and several more! Lisa then expanded into the Kigurumi area with ones based on Appa, and Final Fantasy mainstays like the Chocobo and Cactuar! Of course I had to grab a Chocobo kigu in blue this past year! The spirit hood like products are her latest ones, ranging from Avatart: TLA to the Eeveelutions. Fleece looks to be the main material used in all of these products and you can tell how much love and care goes into each item <3.


I can't recommend Rarity's Boutique enough for the creativity and quality of the products. You can be sure you'll be a comfy geek in any one of these products! You can check out more pictures I selected, my prior Product Reviews, and links to various sites! The main Etsy shop runs now on opening a set number of slots but will occasionally have products all made and ready to ship!




My Reviews on Rarity's products include her Jolteon Hoodie and Chocobo Kigurumi!
https://www.facebook.com/RaritysBoutique/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/raritysboutique

What's Popular?