Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Katyuska Moonfox as Lulu!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I think it's pretty concrete by now that Katyuska Moonfox is not only on a mission to cosplay as all the ladies of Final Fantasy, but most of them also happen to be on my waifu list. Real life waifu cosplaying as one of my fictional ones? Waifu-ception people! So today I've got some mind blowing shots of Kat cosplaying as everyone's favorite goth mom Lulu from Final Fantasy X. The cosplay as a whole is freaking nuts as per tradition to Tetsuya Nomura designs. Lulu was one of the first characters to really hit home the designer's obsession for lots and lots of belts. Kat's Lulu is made up of a singular gown with different pieces that are segmented as you travel down. First off, the wig is ABSOLUTELY spot on with the side bang covering one eye, the braids coming out the back, and the various pins that are stuck in a little cute bun at the very top.

One thing I constantly rave about Katyuska is her ability to really look like the character she's cosplaying as. Lulu is no different with the makeup being amazingly accurate. The top piece includes the famous boob widow that many gamers are probably familiar with if they've played FFX before. Fur lining makes up this part before it travels down into a crazy corset. Done in black and white, there's also a really intricate pattern in white that ends the section. Long black sleeves cover her arm and those look to be done in leather or vinyl.

Kat's cuffs on these sleeves are also lined with fur much like her top. Starting at her legs and covering the rest of the cosplay is Lulu's other famous design. The gown of many belts! There's a slight opening showing some skin and a stocking on the left but I'm stunned as to how this was achieved. Literally I don't think I could tell you how the gown was made other than many belts were used in the process. The very bottom of the gown has that same white pattern seen on Kat's corset.

I thought this was an in-game screenshot when Kat posted this 0_0

Katyuska's sole prop for Lulu is of course a Moogle doll with dolls being her signature weapon. Other elements of the cosplay include the multiple necklaces worn around her neck. The photos overall are just something else you guys. Kat and John truly make amazing cosplay magic together and it's still on my bucket list to meet Katyuska in person one day! I hope you all are as blown away as I was when this was shown off online!



All Photos by John Pryke!

Katyuska Moonfox will always hold a place in my heart as one of my all time favorite cosplayers and nothing will ever change that. Below you'll find links to her FB page as well as her Patreon! Her growing into now also doing artistic nudes/lewds is absolutely gorgeous with of course being sexy as all hell <3. GO FOLLOW HER GUYS, DO IT!

What's Popular?