Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Byndo Gehk as a Vault Dweller!


Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I can always count on Byndo Gehk to no doubt put a smile on my face. She just has this demeanor/aura that oozes happiness constantly. Even if some photos show her in ferocious poses, along with pretty much looking gorgeous in any cosplay she creates. Enter the Dogmeat/Vault Dweller uniform from Fallout 4 and you've got a solid match. This cosplay upon first glance I noticed the cel-shading details that cover the suit in its entirety. The blue and gold color scheme work INCREDIBLY well with Byndo's natural look. Yep that's her real hair in all its glory <3. Truthfully there's not much else going on with the cosplay. The gold is seen traveling up her center area up to her collarbone at the top. The bottom part goes to her waist mimicking a belt buckle of sorts.

Photo by Griffin Studios
Some photos make the belt area look as if it's popping out of the suit in a neat 3D effect. It's all blue with the rest of the cosplay. Prop wise, Byndo is armed with a simple pistol that was done by her marvelous friend Bindi Smalls! None of the shots give a good close up shot of the gun but it appears to have a black color with either gold or wood like brown in certain spots. On her other arm is the giant Pip-Boy which houses all the information a Vault Dweller needs when traversing the post-apocalyptic country.

The pip boy is either the one found in the Fallout 4 Collector's Edition or purchased elsewhere. It works superbly well in the shots you'll see in the rest of the writeup. Besides being totally in love with Byndo's hair in this cosplay that's the Vault Dweller in a nutshell! I do hope you guys enjoyed this writeup, check out the other pictures!







Here are links to Byndo's FB page and Patreon! She works incredibly hard on the latter and is always a delight to see at conventions! HUGS AT KATSU I CAN'T WAIT <3

What's Popular?