Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Monika Lee's Sailor Mars is GORGEOUS!

Photo by Adam Patrick Murray
There are way too many favorite cosplays I have that Monika Lee has done over the period of time in which she has been in this hobby. Her Steampunk Poison Ivy shows off her sexy side, Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite will always have a special place in my heart due to me helping out with providing her the brooch (which I didn't know gave her the drive to finish it :D) and more recently her Sailor Mars cosplay that's definitely up there! I even have a bigger appreciation for it having started watching the original Sailor Moon series and it's newly aired reboot thanks to deals struck by Viz Media. There's just so much about Monika's Sailor Mars that I love so I hope you don't mind if I gush about it.

Monika's Sailor Mars was done as a group cosplay alongside Riki LeCotey (Riddle's Messy Wardrobe), Katie George and Jessica Nigri with the others portraying Sailors Mercury, Jupiter and Venus respectively. Monika, Riki and Katie handled making the sailor fukus which look practically perfect. Purple is a really great color for Monika and I love how the long wig looks on her. The ribbon on the front is big and shiny (least that's what the fabric looks like). One of the things I love about Sailor Mars is that it shows off her legs amazingly.

Photo by Adam Patrick Murray
Taken from Monika's website, the Sailor outfits were done in equal parts with Riki and Katie. For Monika, she handled the skirts, collars and brooches. The brooch on Sailor Mars is a bright shade of red and really brings the outfit together. The skirt was done to match each of the girls bodies. Monika's has red heels for footwear.

The photos that Monika has from the various photo shoots really do the outfit justice. She has the perfect figure for Rei since having now watched the anime myself, I can see why Monika chose to cosplay her. This is definitely one cosplay I hope to see in person and of course get a print of. The background for the photos is absolutely gorgeous. Monika does some of the signature poses from the anime (seriously that backside shot <3) and definitely captures the character.

The close up portrait shot really showcases the makeup Monika used as well as the wig. I wish there was more I could say about how amazing this cosplay is but I might have done all I can XD. I hope you guys enjoy the pictures as much as I do!

To Monika if you somehow get to read this: You look freaking incredible in this cosplay and I miss you so much! I wish NYCC would come sooner and I can't wait to see you again. Thank you so much for being an inspiration to me and all the support you've given with my cosplays and my blog :D

Photo by Adam Patrick Murray

Photo by Adam Patrick Murray 
Photo by Anna Cosplay Photography

If you would like to read more about this cosplay, check out this link to Monika's Website! You can also view many other amazing outfits she's made like Elizabeth and Poison Ivy which I mentioned earlier! :)

What's Popular?